PDA

View Full Version : Gap Maternity Jeans - help!

TonFirst
09-14-2004, 01:11 PM
I just received my order from the Gap - yay for 20% off coupon codes! I love the cardigan I ordered - it's a perfect fit - but I'm not sure if I should exchange the jeans I ordered for a different size.

Here's the deal: I'm 29 weeks pregnant, I've gained 25 pounds, and so far, it's ALL in my belly. I'm 5'7" and my prepregnancy pant-size was an 8. I have a pair of Motherhood demi-panel jeans that I actually really love, but I also wanted a full-panel pair to wear for the duration of this pregnancy.

I ordered the Gap maternity stretch boot-cut jeans - http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=901503&wpid=207096 - with a full panel in a size 8, and while they fit perfectly right now, there's no room in my belly for growth, and I can't see how, at the rate my belly is growing, they could possibly fit me 10 weeks from now. Should I exchange them for the 10 to have a belly panel that still has some room, even if that means that the legs might be a little bagger than I normally like?

Thanks in advance!

KYBelle1102
09-14-2004, 04:38 PM
I bought those stretch boot cuts in the demi panel. We're the same size.(pre-preg size was an 8 or a 10 depending on cut). After one washing they weren't particularly comfortable for me anymore. Not necessarily tight in the belly, but short in the stride and length. (I'm 5'8")

OTOH, earlier, I bought some size 10 no panel cropped jeans from Gap and they were huge. Even now that I'm bigger, they are still lose. There must be a big jump between an 8 and a 10.

HTH

Becki
EDD 11/29 w DS#2

amp
09-14-2004, 04:40 PM
In my experience, pants that fit me at your stage, did not fit comfortably later on. I found that I couldn't wear pants that had a panel because the stitched part dug into my belly. I found that as my belly grew, not only did stuff get tight in my belly, but it also got tight in my rear end. I didn't really gain any weight there, but the distribution of the pants caused pulling in the belly to make it tight in the rear, IYKWIM! If you really want them to fit later, I would consider trying a larger size and see how they fit. They may not work for you either just because they will be too big elsewhere. I found that I couldn't wear gap pants myself and had to try other brands (Kohls, Old Navy, Land's End). Good luck!

TonFirst
09-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Y'all are great - thank you! I went ahead and ordered the same jeans in a 10 - Gap CS was great - and I'm going to try those out and return the 8. The 8 fits great, but my whole reason for buying another pair of jeans was so I could have some to wear through the end of my pregnancy (besides my beloved yoga pants, at least), so I figure it makes no sense to have a pair of full-panel jeans that have no room for growth.

This is my first pregnancy - did y'all find that the demi panels saw you through your full pregnancy? Here's my belly at 28 weeks - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/tanulewicz/Belly28Weeks.jpg - I can only imagine it will be a whole lot bigger by the end of the next 11 weeks!

MorganMom
09-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Hopefully the new ones fit you better!

I personally *hate* anything w/full panels. They are so uncomfortable to me! Demi panels are ok but my faves are the ones that go under the belly. Comfy and they work all the way to the end of my PG.

Cute belly pic btw!

Piglet
09-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Sorry, I am of no help on the jeans, but you totally piqued my interest on the cardigan. Can you tell me which one you got? I have been searching high and low for a nice one.

Thanks,
Marina

TonFirst
09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Marina, the cardigan I bought is this one - http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=907502&wpid=256861 - I bought it in surf blue on sale for $24.99. I wore it for the first time yesterday over a black shelf-bra cami and with dark-rinse jeans and I got a ton of compliments. It's a versatile piece that I know I'll get a lot of use of between now and when I deliver, and afterwards, too! I only wish they had it in black, too - I'd order a black one in a heartbeat.

I also bought the tie-neck sleeveless sweater, and while it is really pretty and versatile, I don't recommend it as it is an angora blend and is really, really itchy. Itchy to the point that I have it bunched up under my chest right now so my belly can be itch-free. It's super cute, so I'm keeping it - but it's itchy.

barbarhow
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
I love your belly!!!! I can't wait until mine is big again.
About the pants-I think it is a personal thing. I preferred a full panel to demis-I just didn't like the way the demis cut into me. It seemed that no matter how I positioned them they were uncomfortable. I gained alot of weight though, so that might have been part of it. I had to go up a size by the end of my pregnancy. I had been a 6 and had to go to an 8 for most of my pants. In fact by the end I was wearing size large in just about everything.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!