PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE- Babystyle- how does it fit??

casey118
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
I want to order a few items from Babystyle, but wonder how it fits. I've seen a post or two that reference them fitting small, and others think it is true to size. For a top I'm usually an 8-10 (medium), but for pants usually a 10-12 (which spans their M-L). I'm thinking I should order big, especially because the pants look like the thighs are cut thin (as if!), but would love some opinions on how both tops and pants fit. Thanks!

ETA: I ordered 2 shirts (shirred V-neck tee and princess, both very cute), and the L fit better (the M was ok, but I thought short- too short to wear for very long). I ordered the weekender hoodie set in Large, which seems to fit well and the legs aren't too slim (although the bum is snug but not tight, and it has a low waist). Lastly I ordered the sherling coat, which is darling.

HOWEVER!!! The jacket to the hoodie set and the coat are not going to zip up over a big pregnant belly by any stretch of the imagination, unless you are Jennifer Aniston size with a teeny basketball of a belly. I even got the coat in large thinking the extra room would be more comfortable, and there is not a chance it will zip up in later months. I still may keep it, but if you are looking for a coat to protect your belly in frigid weather, this one is not for you! HTH and thanks for your thoughts.

JacksMommy
09-28-2004, 06:03 PM
I have the dreaded thunder thighs (which stayed skinny in my 1st pregnancy but are outpacing my belly in my second) and Babystyle pants do not fit me at all. I wore a size 8 in pre-pregnancy but couldn't squeeze into their Medium pants (supposedly size 8-10) even in the early months. I find that both tops and bottoms have a slim fit - this works for me on top, but not on bottom. They are pretty good about returns (although it's not the simplest process - you have to get a number from them to return anything) although you have to pay your own shipping back.
HTH,
Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

casey118
09-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks for your thoughts! I have a Jack too! He is a little younger than yours. Such a great name. I hear you about the thunder thighs- I keep trying to explain to mine that the baby is in my belly, and there is no reason for my butt and thighs to try to keep up...

lmarcam
10-06-2004, 04:19 PM
I've been really disappointed in the quality of the babystyle maternity clothes. I bought a bunch of t-shirts from them early in my pregnancy, and they shrank quite a bit. Also, they are very susceptible to colors running, even when washed in the gentle cycle. I've found that my clothes from the Gap, Japanese Weekend (often available at great prices on Nordstrom's online site), and Mimi maternity hold up much better.

tinkerbell1217
10-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Yes, in my opinion the pants do run a bit small. The tops also run small on me too. I ordered XL in everything except their drawstring everyday pants. The underbelly jeans are comfy though. The band doesn't hurt the belly!

stellavino
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
I usually run about a M in tops and L in bottoms. I bought their halter tops in M over the summer and they seemed kind of small in the bust area (still not used to that!). I also bought the wrap around yoga pants in L and they are still a little big in the wrap around waist (I'm 36 1/2 weeks and have been told all pregnancy that I look farther along than I am) -- it is possible that this is just because it is a wrap around style. I also bought a swimsuit in L, but returned it because it was big in the bust area.

I, too, have found that Gap Maternity seems to be truer in sizes. I've also bought Old Navy Maternity and I got S, M, and L tops there. Most of the Target stuff I bought was true to M size tops and L size bottoms, but I also had the opportunity to try stuff on in the store. And, I mostly needed after work and weekend clothes anyway.

Hope that helps,
Cindy

burkesilver
10-15-2004, 12:03 AM
I think babystyle runs small, too - especially in the legs. They are getting more & more pant styles in the under the belly cut which seem to have especially narrow legs. I think Gap maternity runs rather large, however. My favorite maternity brand is Olian.

burkesilver
10-15-2004, 12:03 AM
I think babystyle runs small, too - especially in the legs. They are getting more & more pant styles in the under the belly cut which seem to have especially narrow legs. I think Gap maternity runs rather large, however. My favorite maternity brand is Olian.

psych
10-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Here is my UPDATE:

I ordered 2 pairs of pants, one t-shirt and one shirt, all in a size small (which is supposed to be 6-8 pre-preg, my size). I am 32 weeks preg at this point.

1. One pair of "stretch" pants was *very* tight. I really liked them, and I am going to save them for after delivery, I think they will fit perfectly then.

2. One pair of "jersey" pants were too big. I am wearing them mostly around the house, and they may fit better in my last month. Whenever I wear them, I have to be constantly pulling them up.

3. The t-shirt fit really cute, but it is short, sometimes my belly shows, and I have a *very* short torso. I am 4'11, so if you are tall, forget about ordering these t-shirts from them.

4. The "jersey" shirt was the biggest disappointment. It was HUGE and LOOONG. I figured return shipping would probably cost half of what I paid for it, so I have decided to keep it and wear it around the house.

In conclusion, I don't think I will order from them again, not because their clothes are not cute, but because the sizing is waaaay too inconsistent to be able to order online.

psych
10-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Here is my UPDATE:

I ordered 2 pairs of pants, one t-shirt and one shirt, all in a size small (which is supposed to be 6-8 pre-preg, my size). I am 32 weeks preg at this point.

1. One pair of "stretch" pants was *very* tight. I really liked them, and I am going to save them for after delivery, I think they will fit perfectly then.

2. One pair of "jersey" pants were too big. I am wearing them mostly around the house, and they may fit better in my last month. Whenever I wear them, I have to be constantly pulling them up.

3. The t-shirt fit really cute, but it is short, sometimes my belly shows, and I have a *very* short torso. I am 4'11, so if you are tall, forget about ordering these t-shirts from them.

4. The "jersey" shirt was the biggest disappointment. It was HUGE and LOOONG. I figured return shipping would probably cost half of what I paid for it, so I have decided to keep it and wear it around the house.

In conclusion, I don't think I will order from them again, not because their clothes are not cute, but because the sizing is waaaay too inconsistent to be able to order online.