PDA

View Full Version : Need help with bras #2 (also ready to cry)

Piglet
10-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Help!!! I am 19 weeks pregnant and have gained weight pretty gradually. I am a size S-M in most clothes, but I am having the most hellish time with bras. I followed the Breakout Bras link in the other thread and found that using their measurements, I am about a 38C (based on a 37" rib cage which is rounded up to a 38" and a 41" bust). I then went to Sears last night to find a bra, thinking how hard could it be to find a 38C (for cheap).

Well, wouldn't you know, I could hardly do up the darn things. I tried a 40C and although the band fit well, the cups were WAY too big and there is no such thing as a 40B at most department stores. So, now I am something like a 39B-C?! I might try the bra extenders, but I would really like a bra that fits regardless. On top of everything else, I am concerned that this is only the beginning of the great ahem...expansion. Last pregnancy, I was literally buying a new bra a month. This time I have been in the same bra the whole time - no change on the "expansion" other than what happened in the first month.

So, here are my options - 1) keep trying every 38C out there and hope that one of them fits, 2) order a 40B from Breakout, even though by their measurements, I am a 38C, 3) give up and go "commando" - won't that be pretty in my work clothes!

Any help is much appreciated,

psophia17
10-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I was a 38C/D before getting pg (now I'm a 40G), and I had a horrible time finding bras that fit well. What styles were you trying on? I could never wear underwires, and almost always ended up wearing the boxed bras - not the prettiest, but they always fit better.

I was usually able to find bras at JCPenney or Walmart, and when that didn't work, I would get my size figured out and ordered from a website/catalog that had irregulars - big supportive bras get expensive, and the catalogs tended to have nicer ones than you could find in stores. Check out www.onehanesplace.com once you find a brand or style that fits.

Good Luck!!

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

Marisa6826
10-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Marina-

I've had great luck wearing my regular bras, but with extenders. I'm normally a 40G, and surmise I'm up to about a 42H at this point. However, with the extenders, things have been working out for me.

Are you looking for regular bras or maternity/nursing bras?

I posted a thread about an amazing resource for nursing bras the other day. Scroll down a little.

If you're looking for regular bras, go to www.biggerbras.com

-m

ETA - If you have a Nordstrom, go there and get fitted properly. They are far and away the best at this, they also have a great return policy. They will take back worn bras if you aren't happy with them. I've returned several that I was convinced were lined with invisible rat teeth ;).