PDA

View Full Version : Help finding nursing bra, non-underwire, 38 DDD or F...

Sangiovese
11-01-2004, 10:16 AM
I've looked at basic places like Motherhood Maternity, Mervyn's, and Target, but I can't find a non-underwire that goes that high in cup size for the band size. I would prefer to find one in person and not order online. (I just don't see how I could buy a bra without trying it on first!) Any ideas on where to look? I don't want to spend a lot of money, $20 or so, but I will if I have to. I live in the Dallas area, so there are a lot of places to look.

I only have a week and a half left, so I'm desparate!

Thanks.

Marisa6826
11-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Look in your yellow pages for corsetry stores - you know, someplace grandmas, mastectomy patients and brides go for proper "underpinnings".

They should be able to help you out.

If nothing else, go to Nordstrom. They have Wacoal nursing bras that go to 42 or 44 DDD. If they don't have them in stock, ask the lingerie manager to transfer one to their store for you. I have it done all the time. Unfortunately, I think you're going to be VERY VERY hardpressed to find a bra in the right size for $20. It may seem like a bad idea, but trying to go cheap on a bra always ends up disasterous for me (I'm a 40G when NOT preggo ;) ). So even though I'm sure money is an issue, you will end up better off in the long run spending $40 on one good bra than two crappy ones that are so uncomfortable that you don't or can't wear them. (Also, you might want to hold off on buying any bras at all till your milk comes in. There's no way you will know what size you really need.)

While you're at Nordy's get measured properly. You can always come home, got to www.biggirlbras.com or to http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=35&PHPSESSID=3a38bbe0e30dc59315e4beb63c8eec8c.

Birth and Baby is a really diverse site, although it's got a LOT of material that isn't well thought out - the site is hard to navigate, but it will describe in detail how each manufacturer runs, what bra is good for your particular breast shape, etc. I also understand that if you call them, they can help you based on your description of what you need.

Good luck

-m

turtledove
11-02-2004, 10:21 AM
My sister got her nursing bras at http://www.breakoutbras.com/ (she was a 38I). She liked the ones she got, and they weren't too expensive. I think she got the EXTRA Support Nursing Bra #94305 for $28.99, but I'm not 100% positive. She also got a coupon for her next order when she received them - not sure if that is standard or not, though. Good Luck!

psophia17
11-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I second the recommendation for www.breakoutbras.com - that's where I got my 40Gs after my milk came in. Also, you should go check out www.onehanesplace.com - they have irregular (I've never figured out what was irregular) "Expectant Moments" on sale for 16.49 right now - if you want to spend less than $20, it might be worth it to buy a couple of them in different sizes, try them on and figure out which you like, and then exchange the rest for the right size.

FWIW, whenever I've bought a cheap bra, I've been disappointed, including with the one I bought from www.onehanesplace.com.

HTH!

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

Sangiovese
11-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the help. I managed to find one at the Playtex/Hanes/Bali outlet store nearby. If breastfeeding works out, I'll probably invest in some of those better quality ones - I'll make a trip to Nordstroms and check out those web sites (I bookmarked them). I hate the way that the Playtex one looks, but I figure that it would work for the first 6 weeks or so.

Thanks again!