PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing bras!!!

NatalieM
12-02-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm at the point where I NEED to get new bras. I started out at a 36B, but it looks like I need to get a 38 with a C cup now. I tried a few styles on and the underwire on them were so uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine wearing that all day long. Can anyone make some suggestions on a bigger, more comfortable bra for me? I'm desperate here! TIA- Natalie

tylablue
12-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm assuming you that you're looking for nursing bra. If so, I love Bella Materna's Anytime Bra (no underwire, but really supportive). It's expensive ($52), but truly worth it. I've had my 3 bras for a year and I wash them literally all the time and they have held up like no other.

www.bellamaterna.com

Good luck,
lisa (mom to kelsey 12/6/03)

NatalieM
12-03-2004, 08:25 AM
That bra looks really comfortable. Should I get a nursing bra at this point? I wasn't sure since I figured I'd get bigger towards the end of my pregnancy (5 months now). I honestly thought I could get away with buying 2 or 3 bras now and then maybe get nursing bras at the end. Does that make sense?

momathome
12-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey, Natalie! I started out as a 36B and I am now a 36C (25 weeks preggers!) and I just purchased from www.babystyle.com the Whisper Knit nursing bra - I love it! It is sooo comfy - no underwire, criss-cross shape in front that allows you to just pull it to the side for nursing, it's great! I figured I would need to get nursing bras eventually and my regular bras were getting more and more uncomfortable. I think there is a code for babystyle right now for 25% off your purchase - SHARE234 . HTH!

NatalieM
12-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks Lauren and Lisa. After your suggestions, I purchased the WhisperKnit bra from babystyle. Thanks for the coupon code too! I'm also going to go look at the bella materna bras at a local shop here in Savannah that sells them. Thanks so much! Natalie

lisbeth916
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I was told to try www.breakoutbras.com It looks like a great resource. I was having such issues that I went to a local bra (super expensive) store where I had a gift certificate, thinking I would just like to get their opinion on my many issues. I started off my pregnancy wearing a 36B and now am wearing a 42C. My main problem was that the wires were killing me. I can definatley tell that my ribs are expanded. I believe that the baby is just so high that she is kicking the wire away from my boob. In fact, I felt like the wire was getting in the way of my arm it was poking out so much. Anyway, I have now gone with an Anita bra, which actually is the same size that I went into the store wearing Just without a wire. (it is not a nursing or maternity bra, however has a lot of cup size give) It has been super comfortable. Has nice wide shoulder straps I am now 32 weeks and purchased this bra at 30 weeks. Once I notice a jump in cup size I will try breakoutbras.com tho.
:) HTH ~Beth

eden0215
12-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Three of us up on the other thread on nursing bras are all saying try the YES bra at www.yesbreastfeeding.com! It is great and works for all three of us! The picture on the website doesn't really do it justice. I found a better picture of it and will attach it for you here - hope this works. Me and computers are never a sure bet.

eden0215
12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
OK, I just checked my attachment and that so DID not work. Sorry. Anyway, I tried. Good luck in your search! There are good and bad ones out there, and everyone finds something eventually!