PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestion on a pair of jeans that fit a size 0?

mpsihudakis
12-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I am normally a size 0 or 25 in jeans. I'm 4 months pregnant and can't fit into anything but every materity jean I try is way too big for me. I'm tiny all over and even if I'm 9 months my body won't get that big! I tried Seven jeans which I liked on but would like to avoid paying $175 for them.
I read on the message board that Gap pants run big. When I wasn't pregnant I couldn't even fit into a size 0 at the gap with regular jeans. And people are saying Gap maternity pants run bigger.
I tried Old Navy in S and Mimi maternity jeans in XXS and they were falling off me.
I've run out of options....Help!

jillc
12-30-2004, 10:07 PM
I think Old Navy also has XS maternity jeans, but I'm not sure. If you're at Old Navy again, you might try looking.

For the time being, could you just buy some non-maternity jeans in a bigger size? Maybe something w/a really low rise to accomodate that growing tummy? That's what I ended up doing when I was too big for my regular pants, but couldn't yet fit into the maternity pants w/o looking like a clown. The amazing thing is that in a few months, those seemingly giant clown pants will be skin tight!!

Good luck. Hope you find something that works!!

tinkerbell1217
12-31-2004, 05:48 AM
You could try a more expensive brand from Pea in the Pod. They run really small, but of course, are designer, and more expensive. Perhaps a designer brand like 7 For All Mankind or Citizens of Humanity on EBay might work.

Tondi G
01-05-2005, 12:19 AM
what about these in the extra petite size????

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductFrame.asp?DepartmentID=3&CategoryID=24&SubCategoryID=493&ClassID=558

I'd check ebay for the Seven jeans if you really liked them!

Good Luck... Maternity clothes are hard cause the best stuff often costs a fortune especially if you need a special size/length etc!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

milesmom
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Maybe you should give gap another try...

I am pretty small as well, either a 0 or 1 at the gap, I swim in a 0 at JCrew, but more like a 26 in 7 jeans...

With the first baby, I had bought same gap pants which did not fit well until the very end... keep in mind b/c you are small you may gain a lot of weight, for me it was +50 lbs (I lost it all and then a few pounds w.o diet or exercise, so don't freak out, yet!). Anyway, gap now has some new stuff, for barely pregnant women (in fact they have 3 different waist band styles)... so maybe the the barely preg. style would work well for you. Also, keep in mind for the small sizes 0-2 gap cuts the lenght, so for me I needed order 1 long (online, they don't carry this size in the stores).

Last thing, my european friends just wear regular clothes for the entire pregnancy... very low waisted pants, and a scarf around the waist to make up the difference b/w the shirt and pants.

good luck.
michelle
mom to miles 6.2.02
#2 EDD 7.28.05

SpaceGal
01-19-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty skinny too...I usually wear a size 0. I didn't bother ordering online knowing that my size is hard to fit. But I did have a lot of luck at H&M in their maternity section. You might be surprised at how big you might get because right now at 35 weeks I can fit a M in H&M maternity pants and I can no longer fit the XS and the S ones I have are well quite fitted without being ridiculously tight. :)

Another place I found jeans at the fit good was at Earl Jeans...I found their maternity jeans at the outlet mall and they weren't too expensive about $30-40 dollars considering they normally go for a lot more. I didn't buy them tho since I'm almost due and I wouldn't wear them for much longer.

Good luck with your pants hunt. Let us know what you find. :)

mpsihudakis
01-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I broke down and bought a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans. I love them. I figured I spent that much on them, I won't spend anymore on jeans. I got them a size bigger and they still look good on a little baggy.
I was planning on checking out H&M too. I have heard good things. Also Babystyle looks good with their sizing.

I'll let you know if I find anything else out there.

burkesilver
01-20-2005, 03:07 PM
A very petite friend bought some regular gap jeans on sale & had them custom made into maternity jeans with a elastic front panel. She was very happy with the result & the overall cost wasn't too bad.

tinkerbell1217
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Thats great you found something!!

parker10302
01-29-2005, 02:20 AM
I also wear a size 0 when I'm not pregnant, and this has been the MOST frustrating issue. So far the best fitting not $175 jeans are Gap long and lean with the full panel (not extended panel) in size 0. I think because they are cut "Lean" they run a bit smaller. All other size 0 from gap were either too big, too short or fell down. I also like the panel on these as I'm carrying pretty low, and the under the belly pants just do not work for me.

Hope this helps as an alternative to the Citizen jeans,
Nicole