PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find Gap.com extremely annoying?!?

calebsmama03
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
ARGH! I'm so annoyed with Gap and Old Navy websites right now. I've been trying to buy some maternity clothes not that I'm finally needing them, and half of the stuff I click on ands up being out of stock/unavailable. How tough is it to just remove the picture from the menu, or write "out of stock" instead of a price to save me time and aggrivation?
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

s7714
01-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, I've been getting annoyed by this lately too. Especially when I finally find something I actually LIKE and then discover that it's not even available.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
DC #2 EDD: 6/05

tinkerbell1217
01-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Its probably because its the end of the winter sale right now. Most of the time I have wonderful luck with Gap.

calebsmama03
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Actually, I've had this issue whenever I try to order from their sale pages. They leave the items up on the index page with no indication they're sold out until you click on the item. It's a little better that it used to be given you used to have to try to order the item before it said "sold out". They have such cute stuff and their sale prices make it reasonable (I just can't bring myself to pay more than $40 for maternity jeans!!), just a shame their website is so frustrating :(
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

mamahill
01-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, it's like saying, "Look at what you COULD have bought, but you're too late. Nyah nah nah nah nah nah!" Pbbbt on them. (and I refuse to pay more than $30)

Fairy
01-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Here's a tip. If it says it's out of stock on the website, don't trust it. Call them. A good amount of time, they actually have one or two more of the item, but it's at that time that the system is going to indicate that it's gone. This is a common practice. This happened to me three separate times this summer where I loved an item I found at gap.com, but it was out of my size. I called to verify, and lo and behold, I got the last one all three times. And it arrived very, very promptly. Try it, guys, I'll bet you'll have some luck. It IS the end of the holiday season, so everything online is as picked over as the stores are, but it's worth a shot, especially once the spring line hits in February.