PDA

View Full Version : nursing sports bra with support?

curlytop
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
I have just started running and 'the girls' are not happy! OUCH!

I am looking for a nursing sports bra with LOTS of support (I'm a 36E or F). I searched through old posts and didn't have much luck. Most people suggested wearing a regular sports bra and changing into a nursing bra when it's time to feed baby. Unfortunately that won't work for me! I do my workout in a community center gym (it's -10 here in Alaska!)so I am bfing public.

Anybody have one they like? 'The girls' thank you!

MarisaSF
02-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi -- I don't know if or how much this will help, but I do share your problem! I need to wear TWO workout bras when I run. If/when I need to nurse when working out (like at Baby Boot Camp), I wear a nursing bra and then a jog bra on top.

Try Title 9 Sports. They have GREAT workout gear -- http://www.title9sports.com/shopping/search/searchresultsmain.jsp?fresh=1&searchType=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&attribute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=nursing

Their bras are rated by support level! I don't think any of the nursing ones alone would be enough support for you, so you'd need to pair. I hear they have great customer service (I've only been to the store) over the phone. Oh, and pay attention to the "latch" - I had one nursing bra with velcro closures and it was worthless for working out!!
HTH

egoldber
02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
How about the Title 9 nursing sports bra with a sport bra/camisole over top of it? That will probably give you the support you need and you could pull up the camisole when you need to nurse.

HTH,

MarisaSF
02-04-2005, 01:02 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking. Meant to write (sorry I was TIRED last night) that I'd suggest you wear a nursing bra (title 9 or other) and then a (regular, non-nursing) full-support jog bra on top of it. Don't get the "over" bra too tight or else you'll have trouble lifting it up for nursing.
I bet the gals at Title 9 would be able to suggest a combo that would be perfect.

psophia17
02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I thought I'd pipe in with a suggestion - I haven't seen mine yet, but the enell sports bra (it's the last resort one at Title 9, I think, and can be seen at www.enell.com) is available from www.breakoutbras.com on sale at the moment, and that site has free shipping. It says no bounce at all, which would be good, and it has hooks up the front so you could open it up to BF.

HTH!

WeasieG
02-15-2005, 10:27 PM
The absolute best sports bra out there is from Under Armour -

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua_women/women_gear.asp?dept_id=113

It's not a nursing sportsbra, but I don't think it'd be possible to engineer a truly effective sportsbra & nursing bra, all in one. Use a nursing bra underneath this one.

mamicka
02-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I have to second this recommendation. Not for nursing, specifically, but it is the BEST sports bra I've ever tried. I can run without problem with my 32Ks in the Enell.

Good Luck!

Allison

Devinsmom
03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I have the Enell bra, and I won't wear any other again!