PDA

View Full Version : YES! Nursing Bras

Piglet
02-11-2005, 12:26 PM
After reading all the rave reviews for these bras in the nursing bras thread, I was hoping for a little more info:

1) what colour did you get? I am debating the beige, but somehow I am so used to white nursing bras that I am fighting this urge. If you have a beige, is it quite nude in colour? I like nude coloured bras, but only if they actually look nude, not like a dingy white (if that makes sense). Alternatively, I wear a black bra most of the time right now, but it is winter, so I am wearing lots of dark coloured clothes - is black impractical in the summer?

2) How is the sizing? I am a 38-40 C-D, depending on the bra. Generally I wear a 38C right now (37.5 weeks pregnant), and pre-preg, I was a 36/38B. The YES bras come in a B/C cup and a D/E cup. I assume the B/C will be sufficient as long as they fit pretty average.

3) What is up with their website - I can never find it be searching online. I always have to go back to the thread here to get the link since "yes nursing bra" brings up a million sites! That is more of a gripe than a question, LOL. For anyone that is interested in these bras, the link is http://yesbreastfeeding.com:8080/yesbreastfeeding/initContext.do

Thanks everyone for your advice,

sidmand
02-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I just bought a beige and a black Yes! bra, although I bought them on eBay--I think they were $13.99 each. If anyone wants to go that route, just search for "Yes nursing bra." The seller was very nice although I believe in the UK, so it took a little longer to receive the package.

The beige is a bit dingy looking I think. It is pretty nudish in color, but I also think it's kind of dingy looking, if that makes sense.

I haven't really tried them since I also got a Bravado tie dyed bra at the same time and although I've heard the Yes! bra is better, I really like the tie die! I've been wearing that one since then. I bought the 5++ in both the Yes! and the Bravado and they look like they'll fit the same (40 DD before pregnancy, probably about 42 F now according to charts). A bit squashed down, but I think that's the way it's supposed to fit?

But I have a really stupid question. This is my first nursing/maternity bra (don't really need the nursing part quite yet)--what do I do/where do I put the little elastic string that goes from the base at the bottom band to the strap? And I've read about people wearing nighttime bras--is that because once you're nursing, you need some kind of protection/support all the time?

Debbie
http://lilypie.com/days/050619/0/8/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

It's a boy! Now we just need to come up with a name!

jlcana
02-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm here to answer your last question-the string goes on the topside inside the cup-I think they're for extra support. I just wear my normal daytime bra at night in case I spring a leak. If I roll over a lot, I tend to leak but my nursing pad absorbs it. Favorite pad brand is Lahsinoh but it's expensive.

I've never tried to order a bra online, I'm about the same size as you and hard to fit! Maybe I will try the Bravado brand. I found a comfortable Playtex bra at Penneys-its the non underwire cotton one. Its about $25 but occasionally there is a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Congrats on your boy! I have 2-they're a blast!

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Andrew 9/28/04

amazz
02-11-2005, 04:52 PM
I just got my Yes! so maybe I can help a little.

1) I got the Beige and think it is an ok beige. I didn't feel like it was a white that looked like it got washed with dark clothes or anything.

2) I was a 40B during pregnancy and am a 40C now so I got a 3 and it fits really well. If you order from Ebay you can email her your measurements and she will send you the right size.

I ordered directly from their website and it took a little over 2 weeks to get here. So if I do it again I will try the Ebay store. I think they are about the same price b/c the website is free shipping and the Ebay store is less base price but charges shipping (I think that is the case, anyway.)

HTH,
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

sidmand
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the answers. I have to admit I felt pretty dumb asking, but I really wasn't sure where to put the string!

I finally gave up going to stores. They usually didn't carry my size, even if I went to a full-out lingerie store and I just got so frustrated! Online is definitely a bit tricky, but I took out the measuring tape and I figured the nursing bras allow for a little fluctuation anyway...although I did end up returning 4 bras for my first attempt.

So far I'm pretty happy with the Bravado. I also ordered a Fancy Free bra from www.breakoutbras.com. I like it, although it's running a bit big. That site had good descriptions of the bras and how they fit. Like I said, I haven't tried the Yes! bra yet, but everyone seems to really like it the best.

Good luck. It is frustrating. I was in a maternity store and they kept trying to sell me a bra too...until I told them what size I would need! They said they didn't carry that.

Debbie
http://lilypie.com/days/050619/0/8/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

It's a boy! Now we just need to come up with a name!

WeasieG
02-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I was just referred to glamourmom.com.... it looks awesome! It's a lot of tank top stuff, but looks super comfy.

calebsmama03
02-13-2005, 04:25 PM
The string on the Bravado (and I assume Yes is similar based on what I've read) goes on the outside of your breast (ie: the side nearest your arm). It is there to hold the strap in place when you release the cup for nursing - otherwise you'd be fishing it off your back to refasten the cup :) That's all - no support or other function that I'm aware of (though you CAN rig it to be a hands free pumping bra with those stings but thats not an official use and it stretches them out pretty badly).
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

houseof3boys
02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Well, I ordered one off of Ebay because of the reviews here and wore it last night. Here are my thoughts:

The band didn't roll the way the Bravado does, although I only wore it to sleep in so I will give it another few tries. I think these styles of bras are so comfy to sleep in when you have a newborn. My Medela's and other brands of regular bra style nursing bras are just not as comfy for sleeping. That being said, I don't love the seams on them so I don't wear them for daytime use.

The Yes bra gave me some boob spillage off the sides. It is cut a bit lower on the sides than the Bravado is so if you are very well endowed, this might be an issue. I do have round shaped breasts though, so this is something I watch for with regular bras as well.

I didn't love the quality of the clasp since it felt cheap but I guess that's why it comes with an extra set. Who knows how I'll get it on there if and when the time comes, but at least I have it! I prefer the snap on the Bravado since it is very solid and don't have to worry about it breaking. If you are wearing this during the day, the clasp would be easier though!

I wear an S+ in Bravado and the sizing translated to a size 2+ in the Yes bra. I was a solid 36D in my 3rd trimester and wore this size for about 5 months when I nursed Ryan (then I dropped to a 34D when I lost a little weight)if that helps you out.

It took about 2 weeks for me to get it from Ebay since it came from Canada and she was very pleasant to deal with.

Let me know if I can help with other questions!

eden0215
02-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Wow - this bra is getting popular. I wanted to say that I thought the same thing about the clasp since it is not a metal snap like Bravado but I love how it kind of flicks right open and it hasn't broken on me at all. It is so much easier than my other bras although it did take me a little bit of time to figure out how to use the clasp since it is a bit different from my other ones. I felt stupid but I actually had to email the ebay seller to ask her about how to do it. She even offered to call me which was nice but not necessary in the end since she made it pretty simple to figure out. Anyway, I guess everything nowadays is plastic or I think she said it was nylon? Anyway, so far so good and as long as it keeps lasting like it is, I'm all for it. This bra really is great and I am really using it and washing it lots. I have all 3 colors and like them but I think she should advertise it as TAN not as beige since it is a darker beige and not a light cream color like I expected. I'm not unhappy about the color and I really do like it but it isn't what I expected is all. I guess that is why someone called it dingy. I like the color and it works for my outfits but I can see why someone would say that about the beige. I think I'll email her and suggest she write that in her ebay listing as it would be helpful I think to let people know it is darker beige.

houseof3boys
02-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Okay, so how do you do the clasp with one hand? I can't do it with one but it's easy to do with both hands!

I have washed and worn it a few more times since I posted my review and I think I'm going to order another one too. It is really comfy for sleeping in!

Ditto on the darker color but I like it darker. :)

nfowife
02-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I just got the 2 I ordered today. I think they are going to be great! I ordered from the ebay lady (breastfeedingisbest) and she was very nice to work with.
-pre-pg I wore a 34-36 D, and right now (~33wks) I am a 38 D because I'm carrying high. I ended up ordering a 3+ and it fits well, I probably could have also fit in a 2+ after delivery when my ribcage area goes down too. Since the sizes overlap and I will put these in the dryer, I'm not worried. I really like the wide elastic band, it's very comfy!
- I got a white and a beige and they are pretty standard, the beige is a bit of a darker nude but what I would expect from getting a "skin tone" bra.
-The clasp is easy to do but I don't know that it's one handed to open- although it's easier to close one handed. I like how it exposes the whole breast as opposed to a small opening that you have to push your BB through. I think this will be handy for the first few weeks when I'm still figuring it all out.

Overall, I think these will do well to get me started with BFing and to wear around the house. I wasn't expecting it to be as supportive as an underwire, I plan to get some of those once my supply is stable, etc. Can't wait to use it for real!

daisy1234
02-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I just broke down and put in a bid on ebay for the YES bra...I just have to try it. I had purchased the LE nursing bra last month and now 3 more weeks to go and it is a bit snug! Yikes! I need more bras! The yes seems like it will be good to start with then I really want to try the new Medelas...they look comfy and shapely...hope they will work for me! I have a dozen bras from nursing my son 2 years ago...this time I want to get good ones that work and are comfy and the right size...It is amazing how long you end up wearing these bras! :)

Thanks everyone for the reviews! I'll post after I get my new bras!

Laura

kimber_k
03-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Have any of you ordered a YES nursing bra from the Ebay seller within the last few days? I'm having no luck finding her or any of the YES bras for sale on EBAY today.

nfowife
03-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Here is a link to her ebay feedback page:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=breastfeedingisbest&item=-1&frompage=222

If you email her, I'm sure she will make a listing for you or sell to you off-ebay. I know that she doesn't always have bras for sale but she is a distributor so I'm sure she'll be glad to set a sale up for you.

kimber_k
03-17-2005, 05:25 PM
YES! bras still available on ebay... It seems "the bra lady" was just very ill and didn't have any items for bid at the time I was looking for her. THanks for your link.