PDA

View Full Version : Transitions Maternity Wear

susanbabe
03-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Has anyone tried Transitions maternity wear from Precious Image Creations? They claim to stretch and accommodate through pregnancy, and nursing. They supposedly stretch and shrink as needed, so to speek. The website makes them look cute, but I was wondering if their claims are true.
Any input for a barely showing first time mom?
Thanks!

broveraf
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
I have 3 of their tops (1 l/s cowl neck, 1 l/s boatneck, 1 s/s cowl neck - haven't worn that yet). They are very comfortable. Have only had them for about a couple of monthes (month 7-8), so I can only speak to them as maternity wear, but they've grown and adapted to me comfortably over that time.

They are very stretchy, so I expect they'll work just fine for nursing/postpartum wear -- that was a big factor for me because I was getting frustrated spending money on clothing that would be too big after pregnancy.

A couple of warnings -- the colors on their website are hard to discern -- ocean blue turned out to be much brighter than I'd expected. Before I ordered additional tops, they sent me fabric swatches which was very helpful for making color choices.

Second, the cowl neck top is very revealing if you bend over (might just be the way it fits on me). The boat neck is considerably less revealing.

They look pretty good compared to most of my other maternity wear -- I don't feel like the slob most other shirts make me feel like. My husband says I look great in them :)

Adri

susanbabe
03-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Adri,
Thanks so much for the input. I'm needing to aquire some clothes, but like you, would like things to last a bit longer than a few (very long) weeks. Plus, who wants to look like a tent!

The tip on the revealing cowl neck is quite helpful. I'm a teacher and quite busty (FF or GG cup) and I'd rather not reveal it all to the little ones in my room!

Thanks again! I think I'll give them a try.

Susan