PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Bra Favorite?

WeasieG
03-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone have a sleep bra favorite? I'm a 38D, so I'm looking for comfy, with a little support. Any ideas, much appreciated! :)

nfowife
03-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Are you looking for a nursing bra? If so, I'd go with a Yes!, bravado or a Japanese Weekend hug bra, or a Motherhood Maternity sleep bra (it's got the wrap/crossover front like the Hug one). If you just want a bra to wear while you're pg and don't care about the nursing aspect, I've had great luck with the microfiber sports-style bras at wal-mart (I think they are bestform brand). Also I have worn the Warner's "Friday Bras" for much of my pregnancy, they are soft cup, almost like a less-supportive sports bra but with an adjustable hook back (which I've bought an extender at wal-mart for like $1 as my ribcage has expanded). I started out the pg at a 34-36D and am now a 38-40 D/DD but I am carrying very high-right under my bb's. Good luck!

WeasieG
03-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Yup - looking for a nursing sleep bra. I have a Bravado, but the band gets all bunchy after wearing it for only a bit.

pritchettzoo
03-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I really like Blue Canoe bras for sleeping. Well, I did when I was pregnant, but after the milk came in, I needed more support (but DDD in my case). I've only tried the Jane style--it's a crossover, so it would be good for nursing. Here's a link to their site, but I've seen the bras cheaper elsewhere: http://www.bluecanoe.com/store/viewCategory.php?category=stretchbras

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

WeasieG
03-26-2005, 09:07 PM
The Blue Canoe bras look very comfy, but they size in S,M,L... I'm a 38D, so I'm assuming a Large should do it? Do you have any reference/experience with their sizing? Can't seem to find any sizing charts on their website.
Thanks!

pritchettzoo
03-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Go to this page and there's a sizing chart link: http://www.bluecanoe.com/store/customerService.php

But this site has a different chart: http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=38 I think I have been to the IRL store (which is where I got the bras) when I visited friends in Washington. They are supposed to have good customer service. Maybe email them and ask what they recommend?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

nfowife
03-26-2005, 10:25 PM
If you like the bravado style, I'd really recommend looking into the Yes! bras (you can get them on ebay for $13.99 plus shipping, see other threads in this section about them). They are very comfy, actually more supportive than I currently need for sleeping- definitely day-use for me at this point (although baby's not here yet, we'll see what happens when my milk comes in!). The band does not roll up or bunch up like the Bravados but otherwise they are very similar. The sizing/style is like the bravados as well- with the larger sizes having more supportive styling.

Marisa6826
03-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Definitely the Yes! bra. It's not supportive enough to wear out of the house (unless you've got on a big sweater or something), but it's perfect for around the house and at night.

You can get them from a woman on Ebay for $14. I'm a 44G and it's my fave hands down.

-m

WeasieG
03-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Does anyone know where on Ebay sells Yes! bras for so cheap? I can't seem to find it.

nfowife
03-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Here's a link to the lady who sells them on ebay:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=breastfeedingisbest

She doesn't seem to have any for sale right now, but if you email her, I'm sure she could do an order for you or set up a listing for you.

eden0215
03-29-2005, 09:23 PM
She's back on ebay now - I just looked. Item number: 5377546736. These bras are definitely the best bargain I have found and I preach all the time, to everyone I know (and don't know!) about them. I just love the bra and the seller and the price! I am at the point where we're talking about weaning and I am going to keep wearing these after we finish nursing. I mean, who will know?! They are SOOOO comfy and at this price, they'll be better than buying regular bras. I am smaller busted so I find them super-supportive for wearing in, out and even to the gym even though the ebay lady says they're not really a true sports bra. I guess for the 44G bra size lady above I would agree though, probably best as a sleep bra!

WeasieG
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM
The lady just emailed me back with that item number! :) Looks like I have to send her a bunch of sizing information. For so cheap, and such great service, .... I'm so happily surprised. Looking forward to ordering & getting it!

gisele
03-30-2005, 12:53 AM
I had Fancie Free sleep bras and really liked them. I bought them at a local hospital breastfeeding store. Do a search on the web and you can find them.