PDA

View Full Version : Looking for maternity/postpartum ROBE

wookiemouse
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Has anyone come across a maternity/postpartum robe in BLACK that is $30 or less? I'm looking for something to wear during my hospital stay and later at home.

Target has some nice ones but they only come in pink or blue!

nfowife
04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, first of all, I think that you don't need to limit yourself to something that is specifically "maternity" or "postpartum", you can just buy a larger size than normal and it will fit fine (not sure if you were limiting yourself that way or not though).
For black, I think you are probably going to be better off looking in the men's sections of most stores- they tend to have darker colors there, but then the sleeves might be too long. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Black is one of the colors I never look for because I have 2 light-haired dogs, so black is the kiss of death in our house :) !

loewymartin
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
I bought a navy floral robe years ago (it's not a maternity robe) with a tie sash. I brought that to the hospital and it worked perfectly. It was feminine, dark and comfortable.

I just looked online and it doesn't look like Talbots carries sleepwear anymore (that's where mine is from). I'd look around and see if you can find a regular, non-maternity/PP robe.

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and the GIRL! peanut due 8/13/05

Edensmum
04-13-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't think I saw black but i was in Sears today and saw many more zip or snap pjs and robes than I ever remember seeing in one place at one time. I thought it was a good place for nursing friendly pjs/
Maybe worth a look, but I think everyone has spring colors out right now.

Eden 9/04

alkagift
04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I agree, don't limit yourself to anything maternity. You won't need it--you'll be larger than your original self but not so poochy you need maternity robes. Maternity shirts, yeah, but not robes.

Here's one, but it's not less than $30...close, though.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=QM-179536&cgname=OSSLPRBEZZZ&cgnbr=OSSLPRBEZZZ&rfnbr=1098&page=1&cgname=OSSLPRBEZZZ

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

CiderLogan
04-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree with the PPs. My mom got me a nice (non-maternity) robe to wear after I got home from the hospital that would be convenient for nursing - it was a size larger than I usually wear, and even that was plenty of room (I would have been fine with my normal size).

Jenny
Mom of Julia, 8/03

smilla653
04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree with PP that you don't necesarily need a maternity robe.

I just bought myself a "going home" outfit from Gap (or rather Gap Body) thta's a pair of black jersey loungepants and hoodie). They currently have a lot of black or navy items... I don't remember if they had robes in those colors, but it's worth checking out.

Also, your department store may have the Calvin Klein line.... they typically do things in black, white, grey. I have a grey jersey robe from Calvin Klein that was, admittedly, probably well over $30, but I've had it almost 10 years now (OK, I'm feeling really old!) and it still looks great and is probably still being made, it's so classic. It's a long one... a short one may be closer to your $goal.