PDA

View Full Version : Are Motherhood brand nursing tanks at all acceptable?

Canna
04-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I would love to have some nursing tank tops, but hate to pay $39 for the glamormom ones, even though they certainly look like the best. Has anyone been happy with the Motherhood ones, or will they basically fall apart quickly enough that they're not a bargain?

egoldber
04-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I know people complain about Motherhood, but I have had really good luck with their stuff. I am still wearing my Motherhood clothes (T-shirts, shorts, and jeans) from my first pregnancy and I think they have worn well and still look nice. For the price, I plan to buy one and give it a try.

HTH,

C99
04-10-2005, 02:16 PM
I have one. It's longevity hasn't been an issue; I didn't wear it a ton because it's ugly.

egoldber
04-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Out of curiosity, is this the style you have?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24154.jpg

C99
04-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Nope. It occured to me after I posted that it wasn't necessarily the same one. Guess not. :)

calebsmama03
04-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Caroline -
I just looked at my calendar and realized you've got just days to go till your "stay put" date!!!! Yippee!!!! How are you doing? Congrats on making it so far :)

FWIW, My "stay put date" is 5/1 since that will be 37 weeks (I'm planning a homebirth and can't have one before 37 weeks) so we're praying hard for 3 more weeks! Miss purple is starting to seem anxious - more contractions and pressure lately :( I don't care if I have to stand on my head for the next 3 weeks - she is staying in there!!!!

Congrats and good luck dearie!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple due 5/21/05

C99
04-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Lynne,

Thanks! I did have one round of contractions on Thursday, but I won't know if they were BH or "false labor" until my cervical check on Wednesday. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you that Miss Purple stays put until 37 weeks so that you can get the birth experience you want! At this point, I have no idea what I want because I had to drop out of Bradley and I've been afraid to even think about it for fear of jinxing myself!

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
A friend of mine was wearing that tank today at LLL and it looked really good on her. She said she likes it just fine. I think I'll give one a try next time I am near a store.

eden0215
04-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the advice - I'm going to try Motherhood to and I'll let you know later my review!