PDA

View Full Version : Glamourmom tanks vs. Target tanks

Bryan mom
04-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Target also has nursing bra tanks under the brand In Due Time for about $17, much less expensive than the Glamourmom tanks. Has anyone tried both? I'm just wondering if I should just order the Glamourmom tanks (maybe better quality? more comfortable?) or if I should just get the Target tanks (seems like the quality is pretty good). I appreciate any comments.

TIA!

nfowife
04-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Here's some previous threads on your very question:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=20462&mesg_id=20462&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=20445&mesg_id=20445&listing_type=search

Best of luck!

Canna
04-15-2005, 09:25 AM
I have two of the Target tanks in black, and I think they are worth the (less expensive) money. They run somewhat small, I'd say, so try them on in Target before you buy. I washed them and hung them to dry and they washed well and did not shrink, which I had feared. I personally would wear them as a top and DEFINITELY they are good as an underlayer. I really like my Target tops.

I still am coveting the glamormom tops because of all the fun colors, though. I think I may go to Motherhood and try on their cheapy version to see if I can live with it as I am really trying not to spend money. :(

houseof3boys
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
The Target ones are not the same quality as the Glamourmom as far as the fabric and the design of the openings but I think they are fine for around the house. I wore one of my Target ones yesterday and it was great. There are things I don't like about the Target tanks that have been mentioned a few times:
-the uniboob effect
-the lack of support for larger cup sizes
-the fact that you can see the extra fabric/top of boob in it when you bend over

The Glamourmom I ordered is too big and I need to exchange it for a smaller size but I was able to get the idea on how it is a better design. I am not using nursing pads anymore since I stopped leaking already, but the Glamourmom is far superior than the Target one as far as putting a pad in it and not being able to see right through the fabric and it staying in place.

I got my Target ones on sale, btw. I think they only do it a few times a year so keep your eye out for that!

houseof3boys
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
oops...duplicate post for some reason

Bryan mom
04-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Just bought one Target tank just to try. Yep, the uniboob effect is bothersome. So, I'll just wear it around the house (the price is right!)

Thanks for the feedback.

houseof3boys
04-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Yup, but they are great for around the house or if you are wearing it underneath something like a sheer shirt.

I am still waiting on my size small Glamourmom tank to try that I exchanged from the medium. I am stalking the mailwoman everyday!

IsabelandGrace.com
04-29-2005, 05:22 PM
The Glamourmom tanks are by far superior to the Target tanks.

Target tank cons:
Shorter than Glamourmom tanks
Tighter in the stomach area and chest
Cheaper quality
Your whole boob falls out the cup (Glamourmom cup is more discreet)

I wear an XL in Glamourmom tanks because my chest is pretty heavy. With the Target tank, I am a 2XL and it is still a little tight. I will be returning the Target cami.

All in all, although cheaper you would be better off buying one Glamourmom tank than two Target tanks.

IsabelandGrace.com

houseof3boys
04-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Just wanted to say that I got my Glamourmom tank yesterday and it is actually shorter than my Target tank by about 1/4". Of course, I have yet to wash it but I would hang it up to dry so there shouldn't be too much shrinkage. The fabric is way better and softer than the Target and the whole boob thing is constructed much nicer. When you bend over you don't see the entire top half of your boobs. :P

I am a Small in the GM and a M in the Target brand..fyi.

stcelia
04-30-2005, 04:22 PM
One of my probs with the target tanks is this: I normally wear a 34F or G cup. So, if I buy the XL target tank, it accomodates my bust, but is huge around the torso. If I get the L size, I have a uniboob that spills out the sides, but it fits my torso better. So, Is this just the curse of having odd proportions, or would I have better luck with a glamourmom tank? Does this make sense? Any idea what size I'd order? Thanks, Jenn

houseof3boys
05-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Well, the Glamourmom ones run more true to size in the tank itself I think. I am a 34 D, but the Medium GM was too big in the bust for me and gaped at the sides. The Target one is just right in the boob area but it is just designed poorly. You might just be a medium or a large in the GM tank but it depends on what size shirt you wear probably so you ensure it fits you in the torso. I would call them to be sure though since they were pretty nice on the phone when I talked to them!