PDA

View Full Version : Sports bra for nursing mom?

VClute
04-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Hello, all! My son was born 10 weeks ago and I've started venturing out to the gym. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a work-out-aholic, just trying to keep from going over the edge from post-baby fat to rest-of-my-life fat.

ANYway, I have sports bras that still fit and worked well enough in the past to manage some light jogging and step aerobics. Well, my girls hurt when I do ANYthing bouncy. I managed a step class ok until she had us doing jumping jacks. YIKES!

Anyone had this problem? I thought my sports bras (the pull over your head uni-boob type) did a fairly good job of strapping the girls down, but I guess I need something even MORE supportive. Anyone have any suggestions? It wouldn't have to have flaps because I do my thing and shower between feedings.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

eden0215
04-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey - good for you for getting out to the gym! It took me longer than 10 weeks, let's just leave it at that (LOL).

I have been the YES bra champion more than a few times on this site, and so have dozens of other fans, but today I won't go on about them. The YES bra, and other sports style nursing bras are great for light impact, leisure, long walks, all that sort of stuff - even working in the garden and running after kids at the park. But, for jumping jacks, while I love the sports-STYLE nursing bras, they are not enough!!

I LOVE my regular sports bra and it is NOT a nursing bra:
The One and Only Enell Sports Bra!

It isn't cheap but it is so worth it for comfort and support. Hey, if Oprah recommends it...

"From O, the Oprah magazine: Hold Everything - Once you get yourself into this thing, believe me - theyre not going anywhere!"

MarisaSF
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
The only thing that works for me is wearing two jog bras at the same time! :)
Usually a super supportive one first and then a more basic one on top.