PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for larger size nursing bras--F/G cup?

jillsuz
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi,
Looking for recs for bigger size nursing bras. I can't seem to find any brick-and-mortar stores in my area (Palm Beach, FL) that sell bigger sizes, so I guess I am turning to the Internet. I am 36 wks preggo and currently wear a 36/38 F cup, but expect to go up to a G cup after my milk comes in. I'm looking for something comfortable that allows for engorgement and expansion, but that is still "wearable" out of the house. I don't like the Bravado/YES bras b/c I don't like the sports bra/uni-book look, but I also don't like many of the ones I've seen that have huge seams across the boob and look like something my grandma would wear. Any thoughts from those nursing moms out there?? I'd really appreciate it!

Jill

JBaxter
04-27-2005, 07:13 AM
Have you tried Ebay. Some times they have "odd" sizes ( I wore a 38DD or F when I was preggo with DS) very reasonable priced. I wore alot of the hook up the front sleep bras which were not very supportive but worked for us. Good luck

entttc
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm a big fan of support, and love the goddess 511. However, this may not be your cup of tea; it looks like a grandma bra.

vdrake71
04-27-2005, 12:27 PM
I am a G cup and I have tried Playtex, Leading Lady, and Goddess. Goddess is my favorite and offers great support.

JTsMom
04-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm in the exact same boat- please let me know if you find something! We live in N. Broward and I'm 36 weeks too! Small world, huh?

I haven't even started on this quest yet, b/c I know how tough it was to find a maternity bra. I ended up getting those at Pea in the Pod in Boca, but they are Mimi brand. I am planning on trying there again for nursing bras.

stcelia
04-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I am a 34 G - That is tuff to find, even without nursing! What I have done is this: I took my bras to a seamstress, and she converted them into nursing bras for me. These are by far my favorite bras. So, if you have access to regular bras in your size, call around and find a seamstress who knows how to do this. I had it done by the seamstress at the store where I bought them (Intimacy of Atlanta), and they didn't charge, but I can't imagine it would cost much. It looks like a pretty simple change. I have one bra by fancee Free that is ok. It was the best in the early days when I needed to avoid an underwire. But, I'm ready for more support and now that DS is 2 mos old, I'm venturing back into the underwires.

Good Luck! Jenn

entttc
04-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I found out about the goddess through a local corset shop, but have been buying the rest online at lauren silva fine lingerie.

jillsuz
04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Jenn---

OMG, I wish I still lived in Atlanta. Intimacy at the Phipps Plaza was where I got all my good bras. And they have altered for me too, but I didn't know they could make nursing bras. Hmmm...maybe I can find a place like that here.

Jill

Marisa6826
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
I was a 40G before pregnancy, so I know the drill well.

I have Goddess granny ones that do the job, but I hate not only the seams, but also the release clip. It's definitely a two hand job.

I finally found the Anita 5062. LOVE it. It's seamless, no underwire and has a one handed clip. I have bought it from Mommiesandpoppies.com, but it took FOREVER to come because they had a shortage of the fabric in Germany where they're made. I've seen it at Lauren Silva too.

I'm able to fit in a 44F, since you can sometimes fudge the cup size if you go up on the band a little. Granted it's not the perfect (to the breastbone) fit my underwires pre-preggo were, but it definitely does the job comfortably.

-m