PDA

View Full Version : Help - need bra for fairly small back but bigger bust & growing!!

Bazza
05-01-2005, 11:55 PM
I am now 15 weeks pregnant and my chest is grwoing at the speed of light!! Before I was pregnant I was a 34 DD, now I am an E and already buging out of that. I can find plenty of bras with bigger cup sizes but they all start at a 36 or 38" back.

Does anyone know of a website that sells big cup sizes with a smaller back size???? With my first I squeezed into my normal size bras all the way through - it was not a pretty sight aqnd uncomfortable especially as when breastfeeding my chest was about 34G/H! I also could not find a nursing bra in that size that was also underwired.

I just want to feel comfortable this time round - please help if you have any ideas. Thanks a million!!

Dyonia
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Try www.biggerbras.com

I did a search -- hopefully this link will work -- underwire maternity/nursing bras in 34F

http://www.biggerbras.com/catalog/by_results.cfm?size=34F&start=1&type=Bra_Specialty|Maternity_Underwire

There are more options if you don't specifically want a maternity/nursing bra. Just look at the column on the left and choose the type you want.

Hope this gives you a start!

Cheers,
Donna

stcelia
05-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I know you'r troubles. I wear the exact same sizes! I'm lucky, I live near a specialty bra store Intimacy. THey have one in Atlanta and in NYC. Wacoal, Felina, & Natori are all brands that you can find in the upscale department stores that have our sizes. You may have to ask the department store to special order your size for you, but those companies have them (At least pre-pregnant - I havne't tried them since my endowments grew!). Wacoal makes a nursing bra you can order online at nordstroms.

For the first few weeks I made do with the target nursing tank in XL, along with a fancee free bra my mother ordered and a decent exposures bra. This worked for a while, but then I was ready for more support.

www. birthandbaby.com has lots of sizes, styles and brands. You can talk with the owner who is helpful and they have a good return policy. I'm waiting now for two more bras from them.

What I did for good support was take my regular bras (Goddess, Freya brands come in larger cups) to a seamstress who converted the straps into nursing bras for me. It's a relatively easy thing to do. I think I could do it myself, but my bras are too expensive for me to "practice" on! Just call around to find someone who is willing to do it. Remember that if you wear underwire it really needs to fit well, or you could get plugged ducts.

jillsuz
05-02-2005, 12:10 PM
I have also found this to be a good site:

www.breakoutbras.com

I am in the same boat as you, 36 F/G cup, and I can't find any physical stores in my area with this size. But I have ordered from these guys, and they really seem to know their stuff! Plus they have free shipping and their prices tend to be a little lower than all the other nursing bra websites I've seen.

vdrake71
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't have a website, but I wear a 32G and the Goddess are very supportive. I found a place in Illinois and this lady really knows bras. I think she has working in the business for over 15 years. The only thing is that I do not know if they carry underwire. I was a big fan of underwire when I was not pregant or nursing, but since then the underwire really bugs me.

I believe the Goddess are only built for size F and above.

vdrake71
05-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't have a website, but I wear a 32G and the Goddess are very supportive. I found a place in Illinois and this lady really knows bras. I think she has working in the business for over 15 years. The only thing is that I do not know if they carry underwire. I was a big fan of underwire when I was not pregant or nursing, but since then the underwire really bugs me.

I believe the Goddess are only built for size F and above.

stcelia
05-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Another poster just turned me on to this site. I haven't tried them yet, but they appear to be pretty comprehensive. I might order something soon.

http://www.laurensilva.com/

stcelia
05-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Woops! Sorry - double post.

Bazza
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all your great advice, I am going to spend some time investigating the ideas you have given. I am so glad I found this website. Thanks again!