PDA

View Full Version : Can we revisit nursing bras? I want boobs that look good! Am I dreaming?

Dyonia
05-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Hello ladies,

I am soooooooooooo tired of my Bravados (L+) and I need a change -- I want my boobs to look good! I'm tired of seeing the "granny sag" when I look in the mirror. I have gravity and size (40DD) working against me, but surely there is a nursing bra out there that can make my chest look as good (or really close!) to my regular bras??

I'd really like a nice nursing bra for when we go out with DD. The Bravados just do not cut it with my dressier clothes. It really affects how your shirt looks if your boobs are in the right place, KWIM? My regular bras just do not lend themselves to nursing -- I have tried and they failed!

Please, share your reccommendations!

Thanks so much,
Donna

Marisa6826
05-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Have you checked out the Le Mystere bras? Pretty high end and nice to look at. Wacoal ones are nice and simple and you can get them through Nordstrom. I've heard the Elle MacPherson ones are nice, but I don't think the come in the giant sizes we need (I'm wearing a 44F at the moment). :P

I'm totally loving my Anita 5062. I just ordered two more from laurensilva.com. No underwire, seamless, super easy one hand clip. Woo hoo!

Unfortunately, I have found that the granny bras do the best at putting the girls back where they belong. I'm really short waisted, so that much bra looks ridiculous on me. x(

On the Lauren Silva site you can search by size. They also have a specific category for nursing bras. She has some really nice ones mixed in with the granny ones ;).

-m

sidmand
05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm still waiting for my Anita bra (bought because of recommendations from here!) so I can't attest to it yet (and I'm not nursing yet either--but anticipating).

But so far the Easy-Zip nursing bra by Second Nature also seems to be doing the trick. It seems like it would be easy to nurse with too and it definitely doesn't do the uniboob, saggy thing. In fact, I think the girls look better than they have in awhile! Of course that just could be my addled pregnancy brain thinking that. They go up to a size G and in most sizes they have White, Black, and Beige. I think I ended up ordering mine from Target.com because that was the easiest place I found them.

Good luck. It isn't easy. I even went to a bra shop and they just didn't know what to do with me. Very frustrating when the size 2 lady was trying to figure out what to do with my chest!

Debbie
http://lilypie.com/days/050619/0/8/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

It's a boy! Now we just need to come up with a name! Narrowed down to Sawyer, Zachary, or Joshua...

stcelia
05-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Girl - I know what you mean! I'm still working on this myself.

Anita bras get high marks here. I ordered one, and it didn't work for me. The underwire didn't lay flat against my breastbone and I was afraid I'd get plugged ducts. However another model might have worked.

What I have found that works best for me so far is this: I took my favorite regular bras to a seamstress who converted them into nursing bras for me. So - Buy a bra that fits really well and shapes you like you want (Just keep in mind the things that can cause plugged ducts. If you venture into underwires it will be really important to have a good fit), and take them to a seamstress. It isn't a difficult thing to do at all, but you might have to call around to find someone who knows how.

Also, Wacoal bras can be ordered through Nordstroms online. I may try that next. Good luck!

Jenn

entttc
05-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I love my goddess 511s. Very supportive, but very granny-like.

Edensmum
05-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I hear ya on this! I have been on a mission to find something that lifted them up and stopped the saggy/ frumpy thing from happening. The best I have found is the Bravado Supreme. It really does lift and look good under clothes. It is totally different than the other Bravados and is not stretchy like other bras, so it doesn't stretch out.
My size 42 G ladies look nice and normal under shirts now. Finally! It really makes a difference!
Eden 9/04

stcelia
05-13-2005, 08:50 PM
I hate hate hate the bravado. I think it has a totally bizarro design. I couldn't even pull my boobs out of the cupps!

SashaBear
05-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Do you hate the regular Bravado or the Supreme Bravado?

I like my Medela Seamless even though they don't have the greatest sizes. I'm wearing a 34F and I bought some bra extensions because I'm actually a 35.

angusmom
05-16-2005, 10:36 AM
I've been looking into the YES maternity/nursing bra because it got recommendations on these boards in some other threads. I havent ordered yet and never seen in person, but wanted to mention it if others want to look into it. If you search the other threads you can find the YES web site, and also an eBay seller that specializes in them. I think her eBay iD is breastfeedingisbest or something like that. She's been corresponding with me by email to determine the right size and she's been wonderful. HTH!

eden0215
05-31-2005, 01:33 AM
I would totally recommend you try the YES bras! They have just done a redesign so the straps are wider and softer than before but the nice thing is that the bra DOES make me look good (if I can brag!) and I am a DD too. It is similar to Bravado in that it has the sports-bra style but otherwise I find them to be very different and the YES is way more supportive and gives me better definition. The company sells them directly on their website, and the ebay seller mentioned above is really so good and helpful. Since you're a 40DD you'll probably want their size 4+ bra. It is pretty similar to the L+ in size but I like YES much more than my Bravados and they're about half the price. I have a few 4+ bras and a few 4++ bras which are a different style (kind of mono-boobish but great for sleeping and long stroller pushes up the hill by our house - forget the gym that hill is enough!). I have their old style bras and new ones and they're both great. I like the new design a bit better actually but whatever you get you'll be happy I think. Hope this helps - the bra search is pretty annoying sometimes and can be expensive. This bra is actually reasonably priced!

suzhatch1
06-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, after the above post & several other recommendations for the Anita 5062 nursing bra, I purchased it & am feeling the love. I got a 40E in the Anita & it is super comfy microfiber. The nursing release clip is SUPER easy!! It truly is 1 handed! It opens wide enough that I don't have to use the other hand to "lift the boob" out of the opening (I can tell that's gonna be a life saver). So I've been wearing it around the house for the last couple hours & can honestly say it is really comfy.

Only slight drawback is that although it is pretty seamless (meaning I can't see any lines wearing the bra alone under my t-shirt), I unfortunately can see the lines of my disposable thin Lanisoh (sp?) nursing pads if I put those on with this bra under a thin t-shirt. Oh well...it's near perfection.

Thanks for the recommendations - I think I may get another one of these bras - so far it's the best one!

Suz :)

nfowife
06-09-2005, 10:49 AM
I just ordered the Anita, hopefully it will be as good for me as it is for all of you! I ordered 4 in 4 different sizes, and will return the ones that don't fit and exchange to get one more in the correct size. Ended up going through figleaves as ebates offered 6% back, free shipping and returns, and I had a $15 off coupon. Can't wait to get them!

nfowife
06-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to post that I got the Anita today and it is AWESOME!! I ordered 4 sizes, and got a perfect fit with a 34E.... I thought I was a 38E, so I am pleasantly surprised!! I'm going to return the others and get 1 more of the Anitas, probably in black so I have one of each. They hold the girls up almost like an underwire would!! Thanks so much for the recommendation!!

nfowife
06-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Also, in my package was a coupon for $20 of $100, so if anyone wants to use this discount go to figleaves.com/ss05 . Also if you go through ebates you get an addition % off so it's cheaper than birthandbaby.com even though the starting price is higher.