PDA

View Full Version : nursing bras for small chested women?

babyjacob05
05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy nursing bras for a small chested woman? I am not quite an A or B. I was just measured and I am somewhere in between. I can fit into a B, however there is still some room. I cannot find anywhere, or any brand, that sells nursing bras in an A cup. It is very frustrating that manufacturers assume all women have larger breasts. I was hoping that pregnancy would make this issue a thing of the past, but I did not "fill out" as I had hoped.

Thank you in advance.

Stephanie

Canna
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm probably a B now, nursing, and my favorite is the Bravado. A nursing tank like the Glamourmom one might also be good.

Believe it or not, also try the Motherhood store...they have bras and were helpful in fitting me.

I found I filled out more after the baby arrived than during my pregnancy. Good luck!

JulieL
05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Don't dispair. You WILL get bigger when you are nursing. It's a given, because w/milk the average woman fills out another cup size or more. Even if you had low milk production (which cup size has nothing to do with) you should still go up 1/2 cup. FWIW my friend is a AA normally and when nursing was a C.

ETA: having a bra will a little room should be fine, although annoying I know I had this problem after nursing, you should fill it out 3ish days after giving birth.

tiapam
05-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I am about the same size. The only true nursing bra (cotton, no underwire, with pull down flaps) I have is from Target and I never wear it now. It was a little big when I bought it, but I did wind up mostly filling it out, at least when I was engorged. But, it never fit really well, and in the first few weeks it always got wet when the baby was nursing. She is a little neater now and my milk supply is more regulated, so that is not a problem now. I also have three of the sleep bras from Motherhood, but they are basically a crossover sports bra, so you can find something similar in the regular bras. I have not been wearing these lately either. I have basically been wearing my regular bras and just pulling them up out of the way to nurse. I did think about getting a Glamourmom tank, but I wanted to try it in person and still haven't gotten to the store to check it out. I did try the tank at Target and I thought it was awful.

HTH.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

Rachels
05-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Have you seen the Elita Crossover Bra? It comes in cotton and microfiber, and it's stretchy. To nurse, you just pull down on one of the cups. It fits a huge range of sizes and is about the most comfortable thing out there. I ordered mine from www.sierrablue.com, which has all kinds of sales and free shipping.

http://store.yahoo.com/sierrablue/elcrosmincam.html

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

parker10302
05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I am normally a 32A and nursing about a 32B. I bought a Glamourmom nursing tank in size small and absolutely LOVE it. Super comfortable, and it fits better than any of my nursing bras. As for nursing bras so far this time around my favorite are the Whisperknit size small (think thats what their called) from Babystyle. They don't have much support, but are very comfortable.

Hope that helps a bit!
Nicole

mabuckles
05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Rachel,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am small chested as well and those look comfy and reasonably priced. I just ordered two. My current bras have gotten way too small and are killing me.

Edensmum
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Bravado bras are great and I think would be great for smaller ladies. I wish I had your problem, mine are G! now, I didn't even know that was a size before.
Eden 9/04

August Mom
05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I highly recommend the Elita Crossover Bras. They are so comfy and work great for nursing. I was never coordinated enough to discreeting unhook/rehook the flaps. This is so easy to use and they are very afordable. I have both cotton and microfiber and prefer the microfiber.