PDA

View Full Version : Yes bra redesigned?

Marisa6826
05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I have three that are about five or six months old. Two of them are from the same eBay lady. I ordered two more from her last week and they arrived yesterday - via HONG KONG! Seriously - the stamps were from Hong Kong. Last time, they came from Canada (where I think she's based).

I went to go put one on tonight and there are not only some design changes, but they seem to be running smaller. I even dug out an old one from the laundry basket to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. They've got the same bamboo design, same text on the outside of the package, but the straps, clasps and boob separator thingie are different.

Anybody else experience the same thing?

I'm going to email her and see what the deal is.

-m

trumansmom
05-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I haven't bought any in over a year, but I know that even though she was based in Canada, they were manufactured in Hong Kong even then. I'd be interested in what she says about any changes. I've worn them daily since DD was born and still like them, but the lack of support has taken it's toll. I may have to wean and have a breast reduction sooner than I had planned. The pain in my back has become a constant instant of an occasionally.

Keep us posted on what she says.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Marisa6826
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Jeanne-

They did change manufacturers. Here's her email:

Yes, the company DID change manufacturers and so the ones you just got are the newer version wtih wider shoulder straps for comfort. They also put in a gathering at the front rather than the fabric insert in the middle. So far most people prefer the new ones, but everyone is unique so it is totally OK to prefer the older ones and they are still available.

if you want, you can exchange the new ones for the old ones no problem.

yes, they were shipped from the factory direct. I often drop-ship from there rather than here when things get busy (as they often do it seems!)

Let me know if you want to exchange :-)

-m

trumansmom
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, I just got back from our local maternity store ( I ran into a friend's husband as I was walking in. I can't wait to see how long the rumor mill takes to get back to me on that one!), and ordered some more Anitas. I also told her to call me when they get more Bravado Supremes. Have you tried those? I'm getting really, really desperate.
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

kriswrite
05-19-2005, 04:59 PM
It sounds like you've got a good eBay seller there. Would you mind sharing her eBay "name?"

Kristina

Marisa6826
05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
her name is 'breastfeedingisbest'

-m

suzhatch1
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
I ordered 2 Yes bras from the eBay lady about a month ago & although at the time I didn't know there was an "Old" and a "New" version, I do like the version I received, it seems quite supportive for a "technical" sleeping bra. From the description in the PP, it sounds like I have the new version because it has gathering at the front.

The only thing I don't care for is the mono-boob sports bra look. I'm wondering if the "old" version, with the fabric insert in the middle that she refers to in her email created a more natural shape.

Can anyone vouch for that?

Marisa6826
05-19-2005, 11:43 PM
nope. same uniboob. unfortunately, unless you have separate cups that go to your breastbone, you always end up with the uniboob.

the old version had thinner straps, what i think is an easier clasp and a little piece of fabric that goes between the boobs. i tend to get sweaty (sorry if tmi), so the old ones are better for me in that respect.

i'm freakishly endowed, so the gathering didn't do squat for me.

-m

suzhatch1
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Okay, I'm right there with you on the sweaty thing...

At first I thought it was just me & being hot. I find that at the end of the day after wearing the Yes bra, the band is almost wet. In my other bras I don't notice perspiration this badly, so I'm thinking it must have something to do with the extra wide/thick band on this bra. Granted, it is pretty supportive for a technical "sleep" bra & the band has never ridden or rolled up on me (which is all a good thing), but maybe they should make these with some kind of "wicking" material?

eden0215
05-26-2005, 02:34 AM
MY new order just came from Canada - but the LAST one I had came from Hong Kong. I guess she just ships from both? They always come pretty quickly and I actually like the stamps from Hong Kong I got last time. My niece loves them because they are "Cool". She took them to school for her "show and tell" thing!

As for the new design, I now have both the older version and the newer version. Here is the scoop on what I think:

older version: fits a bit bigger, straps are thin even on the bigger ++ sizes, has a regular elastic under-boobs band (doesn't roll!!), clasps are easy, print is really nice!

newer version: fits a bit smaller, straps are softer and wider, under band is softer ("fuzzy-ish" on the inside) but still doesn't roll, clasps are still easy and they never slip. My old ones would sometimes slip down (not often, but sometimes), same print like you said.

Overall: I like them both! I guess, though, if you get the old one first and then the new one, you'll see a difference. If you get just the new one, you'd never know! I think I prefer the new ones to be honest. The softer straps and band are nice. The band now feels almost like a baby-blanket against my skin.

Did you exchange the new ones for the older ones? Maybe we should swap if we're the same size? LOL.

Marisa6826
05-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I still have to send them back to her. I HATE going to the Post Office (the scale I bought isn't working properly)!!

My bras are 5++

-m