PDA

View Full Version : What is the best seamless nursing bra to wear under Ts?

suzhatch1
05-22-2005, 08:02 PM
So many of the nursing bras look frumpy & obvious under t-shirts or any kind of fitted clothes. I'm wanting at least 1 that looks as seamless as possible & will kind of disappear under t-shirts & sleeveless tops this Summer. They make them for non-nursing women, why don't they make any for nursing Mommas???

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Suz

Marisa6826
05-22-2005, 08:37 PM
The Anita 5062 is seamless, but white, so it tends to show under white shirts.

Just know that since the cups are kind of microfiber and thin, they'll show breast pads a little bit.

-m

MarisaSF
05-22-2005, 11:01 PM
If you're no longer using breast pads, I'd recommend something like the Glamourmom tank/bra. Seamless, but not padded.

I got a padded/"lined" seamless bra from Motherhood or Mimi (one of those mall maternity stores). It is not my favorite. Not well built and not easy for nursing. (The flap is doesn't come down enough. The salespeople even warned me about that, but I choose (poorly) fashion over function!)

The Glamourmom bra-style tank has the right amount of support for me and is smooth under a t-shirt.

Good luck!

Canna
05-23-2005, 01:06 PM
I like my Bravados under T-shirts. They are seamless and the color Butterscotch is great for me under white.
http://www.sierrablue.com/bravmatbraba.html
http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/sierrablue/bravadobutterscotch.jpg

new_mommy25
05-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Defenitely the Wacoal bra in nude. I wear white t shirts all the time and there are no lines. http://tinyurl.com/a6dn4

suzhatch1
05-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks Angie - Does the Wacoal bra show nursing pads through them? A previous poster mentioned the Anita, but said pads could likely show thru. Also, how is the fit of the Wacoal? Does the band or cup seem to run large/small/true to size?

I only can find the Wacoal in larger sizes online, so I want to make sure if I get one it's the right size. Thanks!!

Suz

new_mommy25
05-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I found the Wacoal to run very true to size. I also really like the nursing clasp. It is easy to do one handed. It was also a very comfortable bra. I never had a problem with a thin nursing pad like Lasinoah disposables showing but sometimes I would get that with a thicker cloth nursing pad.

new_mommy25
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Also, not sure what size you need but I have a 34DD bra just sitting around. I have since shrunk a lot :)

Marisa6826
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Angie-

Isn't the Wacoal underwire?

-m

suzhatch1
05-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Angie - That's sweet, but I'm afraid I'll be part of the "freakishly endowed" group of nursing Momma's once I deliver. LOL!! I'm due anyday & I've already ballooned up to a 40DD (from a 38D)....so I can only imagine I'll be around a 40E or 40F.

I have a $20 gift certificate that I got like a year ago from Amazon.com & have never used it. I just did a search & they have the Wacoal online at Amazon (thru a shop called Figleaves) for $48 with no tax, free shipping & free returns! So I think I'll give it a shot!! If it doesn't work out, worse case scenario is I return it & shipping is on them!

Thanks for the recommendation!! The gift certificate will help cushion the blow of that $50 bra pricetag, too! But if it's as wonderful as I hear, then it'll be worth it!!

Thanks!
Suz

Puddy73
05-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Not Angie, but yes the Wacoal is underwire (at least the style that I have is). I really like it because it doesn't scream "nursing bra." I wasn't able to wear it very often because I had recurrent mastitis, but I don't think that underwire is a problem for everyone.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Marisa6826
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I tried that Wacoal one then. It looked really nice, but I couldn't stand the pain of it (I tried it while preggo). It felt like it was lined with rat teeth!!!

Let me put it this way, I ripped it off IN THE CAR (I wanted to really take it off in the grocery store but figured I'd be arrested ;) )and let the girls hang loose on the way home. Owies!

-m

new_mommy25
05-28-2005, 03:24 AM
LOL, you are so funny!! Anyway, I loved the Wacoal bra but I am significantly less endowed than you. Pre-pregnancy I was a 32C. At my peak I was a 36DD and now I have shrunk down to a 32D. Underwires never made made of a difference to me and most of my nursing bras had them. I also looved the Le Mystere nursing bra. It was black lace and actually kind of "sexy", but again, it had underwires. Also, I only wear a bra when I am out. Around the house I let the girls hang free :)

mamalia
05-29-2005, 12:53 AM
The Spanx Bra-llelujiah seems to be working for me. Today was my first day of testing it out.
Pluses to the spanx: truly seamless b/c it's made all out of one piece like a sports bra; it does NOT have a racer back; it has pretty thin widely spaced apart straps so they haven't stuck out from my tank all day; and lastly it's very comfy.
Cons: I'm still trying to figure out how to nurse in this. So far I've tried popping out from the top and bottom...and although it's not uncomfortable or hard b/c the material is so stretchy it isn't as easy (and modest) as my glamourmom tops.

While things would probably be more modest if I were to use this bra with a nursing top it made me feel so good (and normal!) to get back into a tank from pre-pregnancy that I'll probably keep taking advantage of it's seamlessness to wear my old clothes...I've MISSED them! :)

Oh yeah, and the Nordstrom's salesclerk told me they were having a sale in July on the Spanx products. Sooo in case you try these out and like them don't stock up on multiples till then!

calebsmama03
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the sale tip! Now to remember that far off....

I bought the Spanx bra while pg and have tried it out for nursing in these past 2 weeks :) I find it easiest to pop out the top, as I would if I was using the Bravado w/o undoing the snap. It's not the most modest thing ever, but no worse than a padded nursing bra (I tried the one a PP mentioned from Motherhood - yuck!) Another plus, the way the fabric is knit my pads don't show as much. I have contoured oval ones (from Luxe baby - wool) and they hide in the bra line well.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, Sophia Grace 5/18/05