PDA

View Full Version : Are all breast pads the same size? Any that don't show through shirts?

goodnightmoon
05-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I tried a search, but the posts I found were about absorbency. I'm looking for breast pads that aren't so obvious in t-shirts. Are there any that are wider or triangle shaped to cover more of the bra? Or are there some really thin ones that still are somewhat absorbant? I don't have a lot of leakage, so I usually wear them as "just in case", but you can see them a mile away!

Laura
mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

Marisa6826
05-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I liked the Lanisoh ones. Pretty thin, yet absorb a ton and nicely contoured.

-m

nfowife
05-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I like the lansinoh ones too, you can't see them under a bra. The only issue (which I think is probably with all the disposies) is that once you nurse with it and push down the cup w/ the pad attached, it gets a bit wrinkled and doesn't lie as flat- but it isn't really noticeable. When I am home I prefer cotton pads, though- they are better for you too since they aren't backed in plastic (which traps the moisture and can lead to yeasties!).

mamalia
05-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi! Which cotton pads do you prefer? I'm not sure but I think the medela ones I have are backed in a type of plastic (or at least the edges are??) and sometimes they itch me. Thanks!

I also wanted to add to this post with a question...
Does it help or hurt to have the adhesive backing on pads? Sometimes I wonder if the adhesive adds to the "crinkle effect" on pads that I've pushed up/down to bf. It's always irritating to me to try to reach into my tops to get them to lie down straight again.

nfowife
05-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I have some cotton medela ones (they have lace ones too, but mine are all cotton, got them at BRU in a 2-pair package). I also have some bravado ones that have a layer of coolmax. But I prefer the medela ones. I'm not a huge leaker but my nips are very sensitive and the medela ones are very soft. But the cotton ones are thicker so you do see them under stuff which is why they aren't as feasible for going out. And I have leaked through them a few times if it's been a long time since DD nursed last. I don't attach the lansinoh ones to my bras using the adhesive, I just stick them in there and they stay flat. I try to remember to take them out when I nurse but I forget sometimes. They do get a bit wrinkled but it isn't too bad.

JaysTeri
05-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Have you tried Lily Padz? They aren't absorbent at all, but they hold your nipple in so that you don't leak. I've been pretty pleased with them for the "just in case" days.

goodnightmoon
05-30-2005, 08:54 PM
I'd never even heard of them - they look like a great idea. I'll check them and the Lansinoh pads out. I'm clearly using the wrong brand and can't keep wearing layers in the NC summer heat! Thanks ladies. :)

Laura
mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

WeasieG
06-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Definitely check out Lilly Padz - they're fantastic, with minimal bulkiness.... it's like a second skin on your breasts.