PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Underwear - good brands?

soontobemommy
06-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi!
I've been trying to find some COMFORTABLE maternity underwear that fits. I've bought some from Motherhood (the bikini's as I don't like things on my stomach) and they are horrible. Too low in the front and too high in the back - am constantly "digging them out" LOL! Old Navy had some that are better but still not great.

Any suggestions - I like bikini's - that are under the belly but need a higher rise in front. I am petite too - 5'2".

Thanks!

trumansmom
06-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I LOVED Bravado underwear. I mainly wore the briefs, but had a pair of the bikinis as well. They fit great, had no riding issues, and really held up. The wide band really helps them stay in place.

I did the cheapos during my first pregnancy, and ended up replacing them before my DS was born. I bought these at the beginning of my second pregnancy, and they were still in great shape after she was born. I HATED getting rid of them!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

MarisaSF
06-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I liked the Old Navy thongs. But I'm in the camp that considers thongs comfortable. I agree that the ON bikinis are not built well... at least they didn't fit my body well and not enough stretch to stay put. I figure if the underwear's gonna ride up, you might as well start with a thong!

mak54321
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Ok - you may laugh, but I was desperate to find some as well & SEARS of all places had THE most comfortable cotton granny underwear. They were called Take Nine. Never rode up, couldn't see the lines, extremely soft and comfy. I looked everywhere high end and these were my favorites. I am also 5'2".

HTH.

dianna
06-05-2005, 11:06 PM
I have always been a Victoria's Secret kind of girl, but in the beginning of my pregnancy all I cared about was comfort - so I went on a search...

I found cheapo Hanes underwear at Target. I think they are called "Barely There" or something like that. It comes in a hanging pack that has black packaging and you can feel the underwear (its not in plastic). They are super thin, so they don't show through clothes, and they are really comfortable, since they are so thin and have very minimal waistbands. I love em. Of course they won't last long, but that's ok....the point is pregnancy comfort!

ncmommy
06-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Bravo bikinis are great - though they tend to skrink a bit if you put them in the dryer (I don't think you are supposed to) I found them to be the most comfy. You might also want to consider Mimi maternity's panties - they have some that are 100% micro nylon that are extremely comfy...I'm still wearing them postpartum.
Robin

soontobemommy
06-06-2005, 08:58 AM
thanks everyone for the info - I appreciate it. Where are Bravo bikinis available? I am very disappointed in the Motherhood one's - I also bought two bras there that felt good when I got them and when I wore them they cut right into me -I don't know if she measured me wrong or what but they fit when I tried them on but wearing them is a whole different issue. Of course you can't return anything there either. I don't think I'll be buying lingerie there again!

ncmommy
06-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I can only find them on-line - though I'm sure there are some specialty fru-fru maternity stores that sell them ($$$$$) Try Sierrablue.com. I think Bravado has a website too. Just do a google search.
good luck!
Robin

becca13
06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
I also really liked the Old Navy thongs and thought the bikinis were not great. I have been wearing the Victoria's Secret seamless (Body by Victoria) underwear in various styles since before I was pregnant. I bought some in larger sizes and find they don't ride up and look good under clothes, even now that I am 8.5 months. They might be worth trying on . . .

duesept05
06-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm 24 weeks and just bought underwear in the styles I liked (thong and bikini) one and two sizes larger than my regular size. They have been comfortable with no issues.

Now...that may be a different story in a few weeks to come :)

soontobemommy
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Update - I went to Target and got those Hanes one of you recommended and they are awesome! thanks for the tip. I also forgot I had 2 pairs of Vict. Secret Angels panties that are very soft and I had gotten in larger size and those too fit but I forgot I had those and will probably get a few more. I like that the Hanes have several more sizes UP in case I need them - LOL!

Anyway, thanks again everyone!
Lauren

ShellBelle
01-09-2006, 02:34 PM
The Motherhood panties are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! I just wanted to provide that information to anyone who may have missed it along the way... Mine are coming apart (literally!) and they're the proper size and everything. Have had them for maybe 2 months - used in a rotation of probably 20 pairs of undies - and they're falling apart.

Horrible quality. I'm back to my Victoria's Secret panties at this point - and that's just fine with me cause I can technically wear one size larger and feel quite comfortable!

hautemama15
01-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I like my Mimi briefs. They are not high leg and don't go over the belly, but just under it, but they aren't too low. I also like their seamless bikinis too. I hated Gap, Motherhood, and any others I have bought except Mimi and Japanese Weekend. But, JW are pricey so I only have 3 pair of them.

Andrea S
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I like the JW ones, but I only have 3 pairs too.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02
& #2 EDD 3/28/06

jvs195
01-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I found Bravado bikinis and thongs at :
Babycenter for $16/2 pack (ebates additional 5%). For my first pregnancy I tried Old Navy and hated them, lost their elastic, very cheaply made. I ended up buying my regular brand in a larger size and it worked pretty well. I need all new now so thought I'd try these this time as I really liked my Bravado nursing bras.

Chundo
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I also had that problem with "too low in the front; too high in the back" with bikini-style underwear. I've found that I don't have as much of a problem if I go for the hipster style instead of bikini.

Momof3Labs
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I know this thread is old, but will add my limited experience. Target has some microfiber "bikinis" that are higher in front. Too high for me, based on the way that I carry - they just roll down below my belly and are uncomfy - but the Old Navy are just right, so the Targets may work for you if you are looking for something a little higher cut.