PDA

View Full Version : Please help small-chested mtb buy 1st nursing bra!

jacquiro
06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi all. I'm due w/my first baby in a month and want to pick up at least 1 nursing bra shortly. I'm normally a 34B and have barely grown during this pregnancy...only to 36B. I typically wear underwires w/very light padding (so I don't look flat) and nursing bras are foreign to me. I want something w/support, although I have no idea what size to buy in my situation. Also, it'll be summer so I'll be wearing a lot of light t-shirts and tanks...want something that works under these. I'd just love a brand and size recommendation since I'm clueless.
Thanks!

Rachels
06-12-2005, 06:42 AM
Your breasts WILL grow when your milk comes in. I found that padded bras weren't necessary at all ;). Also keep in mind that you'll likely be wearing breast pads for a good while.

I think one of the most comfortable, flexible bras out there is the Elita Crossover Bra, which comes in either microfiber or cotton. I preferred the microfiber. It's very stretchy, and you can just pull a cup down to nurse. I always ordered mine from www.sierrablue.com (they might refer to it as a crossover camisole-- I forget).

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

Wife_and_mommy
06-12-2005, 12:11 PM
I was a 36B and I *promise* you'll grow. Padded bras will be a memory for at least a few months. :)

I didn't use very good bras with dd but always had pads on. The first bra I bought was a 36C and it was actually too small in the band. I had to use a bra extender. Your rib cage will expand and then shrink back but I've found that nursing bras are very forgiving in their cup sizes. I suppose because they know you're sizing will change. Another bra I had was a 38C and I'm done nursing dd(I think) and could actually still wear that bra if I needed/wanted to.

Hope my rambling helps a bit. I'd buy at least one size up in band/cup to start and then you can shop after baby is born if you want.

Congratulations! :)

Elizabeth

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://lilypie.com/days/060228/3/21/1/-5/.png

jacquiro
06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks you two...I'm so happy to get any advice on this topic since I have no idea what I'm doing. I appreciate your responses!

Canna
06-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm about your size (34 A prepregnancy and now about a 34 C). I'm happy with Bravado bras (I'm wearing a medium but wonder if a small would fit me too.) and a couple of Glamourmom tank tops (I'm wearing a medium). I got the Bravados from Sierrablue.com. Their prices on them are good, they have free shipping, and they also send free Bravado washable pads (one set per bra), which is nice. The Bravado bras that I have are their new caramel color and they are pretty good under light colored things.

The Glamourmom tanks are great just to wear on their own. Very soft and comfortable. If you plan to order any of those, I'd love it if you would consider using my code - CHLE97 - when enough people use your Glamourmom code you get a free one. :)

bunnisa
06-13-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm a 34B but don't consider myself small-chested! ;)

During my pregnancy, I went up to a 36B as well. After delivery, I was a D/DD cup (which was cool, I must admit)! Eventually it all evened out, and I was a constant 36C while nursing. A Bravado S+ fit great, and I wore it throughout the fluctuations. Now I'm a 34B again!

Bethany
mom to William 6/03
ttc #2!

jacquiro
06-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I appreciate the help since I'm so clueless here. I'm going to a local store 1st to try a couple on, and then I'm most likely order from that website if they don't have the ones you all recommended.
Thanks for the help!

eden0215
06-24-2005, 12:54 AM
It may be a bit too late for you if you've gone shopping already but I am pretty sure you'll like the YES bra which is mentioned alot on this site (and not just by me - but, true, I do like to talk about this bra alot). I meant to post a while back but life got busy and I have been reading, not writing.

It is no secret that I'm a big big fan of the YES bra and there is a really really nice lady on ebay who sells them for only 13.99 each and then the most is 4.00 for shipping. She is in Canada so shipping in Canada is cheaper but it isn't bad for shipping to be only 4.00 I think. She will help you with sizing but she has bras from a 28 to a 52 and she has A cups to H cups. I saw on her listings she has a 32-36 A-B bra and a 36-40 A-B bra. I don't think she has anything bigger than a 40A but if you ask her, she said she does do special orders and maybe can fit you if you need a bigger band size and a smaller cup size.

The YES bra is really similar in style to the Bravado that the others mentioned to you, but I like YES more and not just because the price is way better. I found my Bravados kinda crumpled in the band, and the snaps were so not convenient at all. I can't describe it easily but I had to use my teeth to open the Bravado snaps! If you want to email the YES bra seller you can contact her at [email protected] or through ebay. The bras aren't used, they're new. Her ebay seller name is breastfeedingisbest. Hope this helps.

It is pretty confusing this whole bra thing. I agree with the other advice you have gotten: you're not going to be a B cup much longer! Cleavage is coming!! I am a ++ size usually but my close friend went from an A to a D. I think maybe the A-B cups jump up more? I don't know of any research or study on it but it seems my friends with smaller bra cups went up more? I went up one cup size but she went up three. She had good milk but so did I and I didn't go up to va-va-va voom like she did. LOL. I guess I was already VVVV to begin with so I was glad not to go up three bra sizes.

calebsmama03
06-25-2005, 09:51 PM
I agree that you WILL grow when your milk comes in! With DS I was 34B pre-pg, went to 34B+ during pg, then 34D immediately following and settled into a 34C while nursing. Bras with size ranges (Bravado, YES!, ect)on the cups are good the first few weeks while your breasts change size and you may be tender, but they do NOTHING for your shape so I quit wearing them almost entirely when DS was a month or so old. Plus I hated the full back sports bra style of them in the summer under t shirts :( Currently I'm liking my Spanx bra. Not technically a nursing bra but easy to slip the cup over and "pop out" to nurse, more comfy and a bit more shapely than bravado. I also liked the seamless underwire from Target and motherwear has some cute looking ones too.

BTW - I'm a small in Bravado and a 34 C/D in spanx to allow for breast pads.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, Sophia Grace 5/18/05