PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive nursing bras = Sears!

C99
06-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I went to Sears yesterday to buy some additional nursing bras. I had one I liked from my Nate days, but I was disappointed when I saw that they've discontinued the brand (Take Nine or something). But then I tried on a couple of bras from their new line (Two Hearts or something) and they are sooo comfy *and* they have a true one-handed release clip. I bought one cotton soft-cup and one underwire padded style. Both were $20. They also have microfiber underwires and sling style bras.

houseof3boys
06-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Wow, who would have tought Sears for decent nursing bras. Is the soft cup one you bought seamless?

I am in dire need of seamless now that it is tshirt time.

suzhatch1
06-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Just my opinion, but I purchased one of the Sears softcup ones that you are describing as well & thought it was SUPER comfy when I first wore it.

However after 1 washing, the inner sling part started stretchy out from the outer nursing flap & you could totally see a huge gap. (I know that's hard to explain...but imagine when you look down to your chest, some nursing bras have a thin fabric inner sling. The part closest to the chestbone starts gaping and exposes about 1-2 inches of skin between there & the actual cup...looks terrible!).

It may not happen for everyone, but I posted about this awhile back wondering if maybe I bought the wrong size or something. But I've purchased several other nursing bras both expensive & non-expensive in the same size & not had this problem, so I'm thinking it may be just the Sears brand.

Maybe I got a faulty one & hopefully yours will hold up! I wish you luck, nursing bra shopping isn't one of the most joyous things to be doing in your spare time, so if you find one you like & it fits...Hallelujah!!

Suz :)

SashaBear
06-17-2005, 12:10 PM
At Motherhood I was told that Sears sells some of Motherhoods bras. She told me this since Motherhood didn't have my size.

C99
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
It happened to me, too. Darn it! I washed according to the directions. Maybe I should throw it in the dryer to shrink it a bit.