PDA

View Full Version : Slightly embarrassing nursing bra question...

mommy_someday
06-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I have several different nursing bras/tanks and I don't care for any of them. The ones that I dislike the least are from Motherwear (I think). They are completely cotton and I find that they stretch out horribly. And the worst part (here's the slightly embarrassing thing) is that I FALL OUT OF THEM all the time when I'm in bed! I have tried sleeping in tanks but "the girls" always end up not on the breast pads. And if I *don't* use the adhesive on the breast pads with the tanks, both pads migrate to the center, like I have a uni-boob or something. So I prefer to sleep in the Motherwear bras, but the girls don't stay IN the cups. I sleep on my side but I toss and turn a lot. The plunging neckline of the bra in this instance is a disadvantage. I would love, love, love to be able to sleep without a bra of any kind but I'm still having leaking issues, so no dice.

Anyone know what bra would fix my problem? I like the idea of a seamless one also, maybe like the Wacoal, but I just don't know. I hate the thought of shelling out more money for a stupid bra just to end up with more trouble. PLEASE HELP.

nfowife
06-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I have pretty much the same problem. I think it happens more to me when I am wearing a sports-bra type of thing that doesn't have a seperation between the boobs. Anyhow, have you tried a glamourmom bra? Not the tank style, the bra style. Anyhow, they have special holders for your pads and the design of the cups pretty much ensures your girls will stay in their holsters!

SashaBear
06-17-2005, 11:57 AM
For a seamless bra I have a Medela seamless. You have to use two hands to rehook them unfortunately but I'm kinda happy with it.

For the sleeping problem I am going to try the Medela comfort but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Right now I sleep in a bra that is too big. I'm a 36F and I sleep in a 38DD so its loose enough but still provides support.

I have heard that you can use Lily Padz at night. The stick to your boob like a window cling and prevent leaks. They do not soak up leaks but put pressure on your nipples to stop the milk from coming out. This is supposed to allow you to sleep braless. Some ladies have had concerns about clogged ducts because that nighttime engorgment isn't released.

table4three
06-18-2005, 04:27 AM
I wear bravado bras to bed and love them. Have you tried Bravado? I'm a 36D and bought the plus, but they make double plus that is more supportive for larger breasted women. HTH.

http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png