PDA

View Full Version : Glamourmom- tanks or tank bras better?

jacquiro
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi. I'm looking to order my 1st Glamourmom tanks since I'm due w/my 1st baby soon and I'm just not sure which to order. I'm still pretty small-chested (36B at 36 wks pregnant) but want some tanks to layer under tees and other tanks during the summer. I most likely won't be wearing the tanks on their own since I doubt my belly will be looking too good, but the straps will likely show since I tend to layer a lot. Assuming I'll possibly be a C-cup after milk comes in, is the bra better for me or should the tank be supportive enough?
Also, how true-to-size do these run. I assume I'll be a medium (was average-sized before pregnancy...generally a size 6 or so, but have gained 26 lbs already during pregnancy). Does a medium sound right for me?
Thanks!

nfowife
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I would go for the bras, I have 3 bras and 1 tank and I MUCH prefer the bra style. The straps are just so much more supportive and comfy, especially if you are wearing it under stuff. The straps look like bra straps though, if you just saw the straps you wouldn't guess they were attached to a tank, you'd think they were traditional bra straps. They match the color of the tank though. The 1 tank I have, the 1 day I wore it I had to keep tightening the straps because they kept stretching longer and longer all day, it wasn't comfortable at all! I'm bigger than you (36DD) and I wear a large. You should be fine with a medium if you think you'll be a C while breastfeeding. They fit a range of sizes.

C99
06-16-2005, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't assume anything about size. I was a 36B in my pregnancy and am now a 34D (34DD according to the Glamourmom measurements). According to the site, I should wear a GM L, but it was too big. A GM M fits much better.

new_mommy25
06-17-2005, 02:42 AM
I would go with a medium. I am a size 6 as well and the medium fits perfectly.

jacquiro
06-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the input all. This board is so helpful...so happy I found it!

houseof3boys
06-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Hmmmm, I got a Medium and had to exchange it for a small. I am a D cup and a 34 band size. I think it depends on your shape though. Pre preg I am a 32C solidly. Your boobs take on a life of their own when you are nursing though and then again 6 months later and then again a year later. :P