PDA

View Full Version : Good body pillow- recommendations?

soontobemommy
06-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I apologize if this has been posted but when I do a search I don't seem to get body pillows (maybe am doing search wrong).

I need something to make sleeping more comfortable. My legs ache all night (not cramps just pain) from sleeping on my sides - am a back sleeper and since I can't sleep on my back am very uncomfortable. Was thinking a body pillow would help. Would love suggestions! Thanks!

Lauren

KarenNYC
06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I used the snoogle pillow during my last pregnancy and I got it at Buy Buy Baby but I am sure you can get it at other baby store. It is a full body pillow and it is curved to fit against your growing body -I LOVED it and did not want to give it up.

Currently it is waiting on my dresser until I am too big to sleep without it!

KarenNYC
06-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I used the snoogle pillow during my last pregnancy and I got it at Buy Buy Baby but I am sure you can get it at other baby store. It is a full body pillow and it is curved to fit against your growing body -I LOVED it and did not want to give it up.

Currently it is waiting on my dresser until I am too big to sleep without it!

soontobemommy
06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks Karen. I will check into it. BTW, we have the same due date :-)
This is my first (a boy) and I see your 2nd! Congrats!

I am already feeling like I need a pillow just due to my legs aching so bad by laying on my sides.

Lauren

mhr
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I got my body pillow at bed bath and beyond, they have the same one at linens n things. It's not contoured any special way... just a long pillow... for me it seems to be working great. The price is certainly right- $10 for pillow and $10 for pillow cover- (of course, 20% less than that if you have those ubiquitous bb&b coupons).

kriswrite
06-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I started an earlier thread on this subject...further down the page.

I looked at regular body pillows at a wide variety of places, from Wal-Mart to Bed, Bath, & Beyond. All of them were so soft that they *easily* flattened to nothing. This is not comfortable to me at all.

I also looked at a maternity pillow at JC Penny online, but I ended up getting the expensive Snoogle pillow, just because it seemed like it met my needs (I'm shortish and it should go from head, around my back, between my knees, and a little in front of my tummy) and wouldn't require additional pillows. I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you know whether or not I like it!

Kristina

kriswrite
06-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I started an earlier thread on this subject...further down the page.

I looked at regular body pillows at a wide variety of places, from Wal-Mart to Bed, Bath, & Beyond. All of them were so soft that they *easily* flattened to nothing. This is not comfortable to me at all.

I also looked at a maternity pillow at JC Penny online, but I ended up getting the expensive Snoogle pillow, just because it seemed like it met my needs (I'm shortish and it should go from head, around my back, between my knees, and a little in front of my tummy) and wouldn't require additional pillows. I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you know whether or not I like it!

Kristina