PDA

View Full Version : Should I just pack up my knit tops until he's weaned?

Sillygirl
07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Headed back to work and I have a fair number of cute clothes to wear - thanks to Mom who felt like spoiling me one day in Nordstrom's. However, I'm going from BF on demand to pumping 1-2 times a day and I'm worried about little wet spots. I have some nursing pads to wear but if I put those in my Bravado bras and wear a knit top over it (even ones with some ribbing) I get the dreaded boobie circles. Any suggestions on how to cope?

elliput
07-05-2005, 07:30 AM
I was able to stop using the nursing pads once my body got used to the pumping routine. However, I have found that button down shirts are much easier to wear for pumping. All my knit tops are taking a back rail in my closet now.

calebsmama03
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM
What about just getting a different bra specifically for wearing with knit tops? Something with a little padding or a better shape than bravados? Personally I never wore bravados under anything knit anyways because they are so unflattering (I wear a small basic and STILL looked like my boobs are flat and half way to my navel :( )I too was able to stop wearing pads after a while - I returned to work at 3 mos PP and stopped wearing pads at maybe 6 mos PP? I always had a few in my pump bag just in case though (if my pumping got delayed, say), and ALWAYS had a cardigan or spare shirt on hand :) I just picked out something that I rarely wore and kept it in a spare drawer of my desk.
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

houseof3boys
07-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I stopped wearing pads about 2.5 months in this time around and with my first child, I stopped around 5 months. I hated the Bravado bras with a tighter shirt because of the seams, so I would wear the Medela seamless with anything remotely fitted. It still shows the nursing pad outlines a bit though! Just see how long you leak and then go grom there I guess.

Of course a lot of stuff you will have to retire for a while anyway since the boobs are never the same again when you are nursing for the first 9 months or so! :)

Good luck.

tiapam
07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
If you don't have a lot of leaking, Lilypadz might work for you. If you do a search you will find old posts on them.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004