PDA

View Full Version : Got my Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tanks today! Love them!

Crisyn
07-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I got three Glamourmom Nursing Bras in the mail today and boy, I love them! Even more than I thought I would.
I was a little unsure on the sizing, since I was right on the edge of their measurements (42DD and pregnant) and I expect to increase my breast size once the twins arrive and my milk comes in, so I bought two in XL, and one in XXL. The XL fit quite well, even with the stretch over my belly, and the XXL has a little room for growth, so they will be perfect for both after delivery and further down the line.
I like the bra-type straps and am actually quite impressed with the breast support - I expected it to be more shelf-bra like. I can see myself wearing these under my regular shirts instead of a traditional nursing bra.
Just wanted to pass on my review in case any other mums are waivering on what to buy.

JulieL
07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm glad to hear they give good support. I'm thinking of getting two of these myself. I'm a D right now but when nursing a DD or bigger, so support is a must! Thanks for the update!

amp
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the input. I've been considering these for later on, but am always glad to hear input on the larger size of the spectrum, which is what I will need.

sidmand
07-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm on the larger size of the GlamourMom sizing myself. I bought two of the bra tanks in the XXL (according to my nursing bra I'm about a 42E/F, but I was a 40DD before). I like them, but I don't think I love them.

They do give decent support for a tank. Better than most , if not all, I've seen. But they're fairly lowcut for me. I have worn them by themself (under an oxford) and I do feel a bit *exposed* but not too bad.

Just wanted to chime in with another view from the larger perspective. As far as the rest of the sizing goes--I was a 16 pre-pregnancy and am now probably an 18/20 either in regular sizes or sometimes plus sizes (haven't quite figured that out yet!), just to give an overall size perspective. The rest of the tank fits, but it's definitely not loose anywhere!

Sorry for any typos--typing with kiddo onboard.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

jgriffin
07-21-2005, 10:03 AM
I went shopping for nursing bras yesterday (I'm due in a week, so I'm finally getting serious!) I looked at, but didn't try on, nursing tank tops at Motherhood Maternity. They look the same, or at least have a similar design, to the Glamourmom tanks; does anyone know how they differ? I'm thinking about ordering a couple of bras or tanks from Glamourmom, but they are twice the price as the tanks at Motherhood, so I need some serious justification on why they're better.

TIA!

Jen

khlu99
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I haven't tried the Glamourmom tanks but I did purchase a Motherhood tank and wore it once. I did not like it. I was constantly tugging at it and felt as though I would fall out at any time. The hooks came undone very easily which again left me feeling as though I could be exposed at any time.

Hope this helps!

Gina

Twins2000
07-21-2005, 03:57 PM
I just got my Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank in the mail yesterday and was very impressed with its quality, and how it fit. Today, I ventured out to Motherhood Maternity with my 5 week-old DD to try their tanks (and the tanks by Mimi Maternity). I was not impressed at all with either store's tanks. They were not well made (everything just seemed flimsy and cheap), and the fit (for me) was horrible. Even though both stores' tanks are much cheaper than the Glamourmom ones, (Motherhood tanks are about $17, Mimi's are about $28), I prefer paying more and getting just one more tank from Glamourmom rather than two from the other stores. Also, remember the horrible return/exchange policy that Motherhood and Mimi Maternity have (basically, NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES ONLY. If what you are buying is on sale, than you can't even exchange it, it would be FINAL SALE!).

Just my opinion and experience. Good luck!

Leslie