PDA

View Full Version : Aimee Nursing Gowns - anyone have experience?

ekbecker1
07-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I saw an ad in one of the pregnancy magazines for Aimee nursing gowns. It's designed to be worn without a bra becaus the top section is like a cross-over bra. I think the material is terrycloth. Does anyone have any experience with these nursing gowns? I love the crossover style of my sleepbra so I'm thinking I might like this gown.

JulieL
07-26-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.nursinggowns.com/

Are these them? Boy the are CUTE - a little pricy but not to bad. I'd also be interested in what the thoughts on these are!

ekbecker1
07-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Yes, those are the ones! It looks like they are carried in some stores, but nothing near me. Of course!

kristine_elen
07-27-2005, 11:26 PM
No experience, but they look interesting. I might get one. This place seemed to have a good price, and free shipping.

http://www.sierrablue.com/ainunifrsh.html

Oh, maybe they only have black, large.

rec225
08-03-2005, 09:09 PM
i purchased one of these gowns from the lactation center here in my town, and i literally lived in it the first week after i came home from the hospital. they are so comfortable. and almost not at all looking like a night gown. my husband thought it was a dress that i had bought that he had never seen...and he suggested that i wear it out! i can not say enough great things abot this product!

rebecca

kensjen
08-04-2005, 08:59 AM
How did you feel the sizing ran??

And anyone have the robe??

lmariana
08-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Their sizing looks a little funky. A Size 14 is a XXL? I wonder how they really run. Should you order by size or bust?

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mom to Gabe, 8/03
www.heinzandmariana.com

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/1/21/0/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreggoPals

ekbecker1
08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I have the same question about sizing. My bust size while nursing would fluctuate between their XL and XXL (that sounds so depressing - XXL?!). Anyway, I don't want to buy the XL and have it be too snug. But I wonder if the XXL would be too large and not offer enough support. . .

By the way, Rebecca, what town do you live in? That's great that your lactation center carries them!

rec225
08-04-2005, 06:57 PM
glad that i have offered some insight. i went and tried mine on at the lactation center just 3 days prior to my delivery. thus at 9 months, i ended up with a large. now, 7 weeks postpartum, it is still clingy in the mid section but about the same in the bust. to use me as a reference, it am a pre-pregnancy size 12 in the waist and a 36D. currently, i have a bust size of 42.5 inches, and the sizing of L seems right.

and i live in portland, oregon...perhaps the most BF friendly town in USA!

Rebecca

Mommy to Astrid (6/17/05)

ekbecker1
08-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot! And congratulations on the new baby. I used to have a boss named Astrid - it's a cool name.

kensjen
08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeh, that is what I was wondering...dress size or bust size?? There would be at least a size difference for me, so I wonder which part has more "give"? LOL

Are the cups stretchy?? Thanks for any help!! :)

lmariana
08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Well, I went ahead and ordered one to try out. I went with the XXL because I'm already a DD, and I'm not even nursing yet. Plus, I'm larger than a size 14, so I thought it would be a safe bet!

I'll let you guys know what I think!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mom to Gabe, 8/03
www.heinzandmariana.com

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/1/21/0/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreggoPals

mishel
08-08-2005, 01:18 AM
Rebecca,

You said you live in Portland, OR... I do as well. I am wondering if you can tell me exactly where you bought your nursing gown and what the approximate cost was. I think they are $41.95 online so I am wondering if it makes more sense to buy one online or at the place you mentioned.

Many Thanks! I'm due in 2 weeks and would love to try one of these out if they are good. I have a son and had to wear bras for the first 6 months of his life and I hated that!

Many Thanks,
Michelle

rec225
08-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Hello Michelle....

I would be happy to tell you where I got the gown. There is a breastfeeding center affiliated with Providence Health System. It has two locations: one in the East Pavilion of St Vincents Hospital and another on East Burnside, right next to the Laurelhurst Theater (one the side towards the Willamette/Downtown). I have had a very positive interaction with the folks working at these places!

Hope this helps.

Rebecca

mishel
08-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks Rebecca,

This is very helpful! I am actually planning to deliver at St. Vincents again so this is a good place for me to take a look at the gown... plus since I'm due in 2 weeks I'm always at the hospital!! Do you remember about how much it cost?

Thanks again for your help and congratulations on your baby... did you recently deliver?

Michelle

mishel
Thanks Rebecca,

This is very helpful! I am actually planning to deliver at St. Vincents again so this is a good place for me to take a look at the gown... plus since I'm due in 2 weeks I'm always at the hospital!! Do you remember about how much it cost?

Thanks again for your help and congratulations on your baby... did you recently deliver?

Michelle

mishel
Thanks Rebecca,

Michelle

rec225
08-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I delivered at St Vincents also. The lactation center is actually the same place where you will have a postpartum visit a couple of days after you leave. It is a really nice set up. You get checked, the baby gets weighed, and the LC watches you BF. I thought that it was a wonderful followup after leaving the hospital. I am actually going back (my DD is 7 weeks 5 days today) today for an appt as I was released from the hospital using nipple shields as my nipples are flat and we had trouble latching on.....since my DD has grown so much and gained weight like a champ I am weaning her off the shield...I just want some reassurance that the latch on is good without it..and the people there said to come in. They are really great! Take advantage of them!

kristine_elen
08-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I just got one and I love it. I was thinking of returning it at first b/c it seems that it was cut for a taller person (and the straps are not adjustable). But after looking around I determined there was nothing else better out there, so I just did a fast sewing job and shortened the straps. It's super comfortable, though my chest shows quite a bit; I look like I am going to the Academy Awards or something.

I actually don't see why you couldn't wear it out in public, especially the black one, which is what I got.

ekbecker1
08-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Kristine, I'm glad to hear you like it. Would you mind answering a couple questions? You mentioned straps - where are the straps - are they built in on the inside? Also, where did you get yours from and for how much? And finally, how do you think the sizes run? Since I can't find any retailers locally, I don't want to order it on the Internet and end paying shipping over again to get a different size. Thanks!

lilylilac
08-17-2005, 12:36 AM
I just got my gown in the mail today, 12 days after I placed the order (according to their website most orders are received within 3-5 days - not mine). I bought this directly from aimee gowns and am very disappointed.

I bought both the gown and robe in the same color, unfortunately, the gown is one shade of lavender and the robe another. Not what I expected after dropping close to $100. The stitching under the bust is uncomfortable and, on my gown, lopsided. Another side note is that 1) the gown didn't provide any support, I'd still need to wear a sleep bra and 2) there are no pockets to keep breast pads in place.

I had hoped for more, but will stick to my JW nursing gowns because they are made better.