PDA

View Full Version : Black Tie Optional Wedding and Early Pregnancy

jillmk
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi! I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child (yay!!!) and I'm already showing a lot. I look like I did at about 16 weeks with my 1st daughter! Anyway, I have format weddings at both 9.5 weeks and 11.5 weeks. My dresses from my last pregnancy are still huge (and hopefully will be at that point), yet pre-pregnancy dresses definitely don't fit. Does anyone have suggestions for formal dresses (preferably not too pricey!) that will work??? Thanks in advance!

Jill

sophiecat
07-31-2005, 09:57 PM
I would go for something that is empire waisted and you should be able to use it as is, but if you do have to alter it, it is so easy. I had a wedding at 2 1/2 months and then 2 weeks before I delivered (no kidding). I wore the same dress and it was very formal. It was empire waist. What can be done with this dress if need be is to find one w/ a little extra length and then if (when) your belly pooches out they can separate the dress top from the skirt and raise it up (so the area where your hips go is now up closer to your waist). Good luck, and if need be check out ebay for a cheap/expensive dress that you can have altered.
Best

tiapam
08-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Target always seems to have cute stretchy dresses in the regular clothing department. Maybe their Merona label? I wore one throughout my pregnancy, including to a wedding at about 7 months. It was very comfortable, and could be dressed up or down. I think they usually have a couple of dresses in the maternity section, too.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

VenusElon
08-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I was just at Motherhood today and bought a simple black dress for 6.99! It has pleats on the bottom and a scalloped front-not especially formal, but for the price you could give it a try.

Venus

princesskaty14
08-08-2005, 12:49 AM
They had some really cute stuff on oldnavy.com that I was thinking about wearing to a wedding in October. Just jersey empire dresses that could easily be dressed up with cute shoes and earrings.
Katy

sophiesmom
08-09-2005, 07:44 AM
i'm in the same boat. 12 weeks pregnant with number 3, and i look about 5 months! argh! i have a wedding the end of august and have no idea what i'm going to wear!

jillmk
08-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks for your help everyone!

melonkelli
08-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Japanese Weekend Maternity is having a Summer Clearance sale. Their stuff is pretty expensive at full price, but some of the sale prices aren't too bad.

Their styles are pretty clingy & body-conscious, so they might work for earlier in the pregnancy (so they won't just hang off of you). Much of their stuff comes in black which can be worn at a fancy wedding.

http://www.japaneseweekend.com/

kelli