PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the belly belts/bands?

LogansMommy
07-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Starting to really feel the strain by the end of the day running about at work- wondering if those pregnancy belts/bands to support the weight really help? Any better than others?

TIA-
Arianne
Logan's Mommy 2001 and another boy on the way 10/05

randomkid
07-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I had one that I only used a couple of times. I work in a hospital and was on my feet most of the day (I intentionally sat down whenever I could, even when working with patients - having to break that habit now - LOL!). Since it is hot here in Florida, I found that I had to wear it over my clothes. Therein lies the problem. Every time I had to go to the bathroom, which as you know would be often, I had to take it off and then put it back on. It was very time consuming and just not worth it. It did help, but really wasn't all that comfortable. Maybe it was too big for me, because it wouldn't stay in place.

If you decide to try one, invest in a high quality belt as the cheaper ones don't really support enough. Let me know what size you are and you can have mine if you are willing to pay shipping. I was a size small up until the very end when I went to a medium in pants, so don't know if this would help you any. This is the brand with sizing info.

http://www.anatechinc.com/mtobe.html

Mine is a medium, but my pre-pregnancy dress size was a 4, so not sure how accurate the sizing chart is. I don't know if I have the upper band since I never used it. You can e-mail me if you are interested.

HTH,