PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED, again..... UPDATE::: Gap/Old Navy maternity online - offline?

pb&j
08-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Another update:
Sooooo, they're still not back online. I called the 1800 number again, and was told "today or tomorrow." Hmmm, that's funny, I was told "tomorrow" the day before yesterday! I am beginning to suspect they are having "issues" with the deployment of the new site....

-----------------------

UPDATE:
I called the handy-dandy 1800 number on the website, and the perky customer service rep said that the website will be back tomorrow!! :)

------------------------

So I went to go peruse the Gap maternity selections online yesterday, since there's not a B&M Gap that carries maternity around here, and the site has been replaced by a "we're changing our site to better serve you" message, same with Old Navy. They're still down today - does anyone have any inside info on when they'll be back? I mean, will it be a couple days, or much longer? I really need some pants in the very near future!

-Ry,
mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Momof3Labs
08-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Have you checked out Lands End overstocks? They have some good deals on some simple pant styles and colors, and IME ship very quickly.

babyready
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
That's weird. I was on yesterday, must have been before the site went down. Usually these things don't take that long, maybe a day or two. Especially for big stores like these. I'm sure they'll be back soon.

For what it's worth, I LOVED Old Navy Maternity clothes. For some reason they just fit the best and of course had the best prices. Usually, I am a huge GAP fan, but really loved ON for maternity. Especially the underwear! And it is great that you can order a bunch of stuff online (enough to get free shipping) and then return what you don't want for free at the store or free shipping back. Loved that!

pb&j
08-25-2005, 10:33 AM
I love ON, too, but their pants just don't fit me right - they're cut too narrow through the thighs and behind for me. Gap pants fit me best - I live in them. Plus, they have the "ankle" length, those of us who are vertically challenged. I keep trying Lands End pants, and keep sending them back. Unless they're the ones where you get the free hemming, they are way too long on me, and just huge overall, even when I order a 4! Great for my ego, but not great for my wardrobe.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, s/b 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Momof3Labs
08-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Lands End has one style for $24 right now with free hemming (I am only 5'4" so also struggle with that). They may have others, this is just the style that I ordered.

babyready
08-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that was the weird thing about ON. Normally, I hate their pants they don't fit right, but I LOVE GAP jeans and khakis. Maternity was the complete opposite. I returned all the GAP pants and kept ordering ON ones. Very odd.

Hope the site is awesome when it's back up. They must be making some major changes to be down that long.

s7714
08-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I've been annoyed about them being down for so long too. (Although I'm not looking for maternity clothes anymore ;) ) You'd think with back to school going on right now, they'd be trying a little harder to get those sites back up!

I ditto the PPs about looking Lands End overstocks. They had a lot of really good sales going on last week when I was browsing. I found their maternity clothes to be some of the most comfortable of anything I owned. Just wish I could have paid the cheaper prices the items are going for now though! :(

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

daisymommy
08-28-2005, 07:56 PM
ARGH. I am getting so annoyed that the site isn't up yet! I need to shop!

DebbieJ
08-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I gave up earlier, but just went back to try again and see if the items I put in my cart were still there. I got the "we're under construction" page again! GRRR!! They must of had it up for testing or something. Who knows.

-------------------------------
Thank goodness! That took long enough!

ETA: but it is PAINFULLY slow!! It is taking forever for the pages to load and I'm on cable modem! GRRR!

(And no, I'm not shopping for maternity. Just hoping to get another pair of linen capris since I ripped my favorite pair last week and there are none left in the store)

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Emmas Mom
09-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I just checked & they are STILL under construction?! WTHeck?! They have got to be losing hundreds of thousands in sales right?? It's frustrating! I want to see their Halloween costumes & I need some maternity clothes! x(

megs4413
09-01-2005, 04:04 PM
OLD NAVY IS UP NOW!! But gap is still down as of 4 pm central time.

Emmas Mom
09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
What?! They must hate me...I still get the under construction thing.