PDA

View Full Version : Can these pants be hemmed?

cchavez
09-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope this link works ok. But wondering if these can be hemmed and will they look ok? TIA!

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=5874&pid=324292

s7714
09-02-2005, 12:45 AM
Yes, they should be easy to hem up. Depending on which color you were looking at, the hardest part would be finding a thread color to use. The final appearance will also depend on whether you plan on machine or hand hemming. It looks like they're machine hemmed with two rows of stiching (which would be easy to replicate), but you can't zoom in very close on the ON site, so don't take my word for it. Velour does tend to be slippery and can naturally roll up on you, so if you do it yourself and cut some length off, make sure to use a lot of pins to hold things in place.

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

cchavez
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks. I wish I could sew......I have to take all my pants to a tailor to be hemmed.

tarabenet
09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
This hem was put in with a cover stitch. If you're using a tailor anyway, find one who has coverstitch machine. (Flip over the bottom of a t-shirt. That hem was done as cover stitch.) This will control the rolling, fraying, and stretching, and is much faster and easier to put in anyway!