PDA

View Full Version : Spanx coupon code anyone? Or where to buy?

Emmas Mom
09-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm really needing a couple new maternity bras & have been looking all over for something comfortable but NOT constricting. Ugh. I've been having terrible luck & I read here that several people recommended the Spanx line. Are there any coupon codes or where have you purchased them, other than directly from their site? Even my nursing bras from DD are not feeling very comfy & for some reason I'm all about comfort right about now! :P

jhrabosk
09-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I bought my Spanx at Nordstrom...it was on sale at the time, but they don't often have sales.

It is super comfortable, but doesn't offer much in the way of support if you're a larger size. I recently bought a Bravado and am much happier with that!

Good luck!

Emmas Mom
09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Bravado's too. Are there any good deals on those? They look to be pretty similar?

babymama
09-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I agree on the support issues with Spanx and larger sizes. The C/D cup size was too small for me (I'm somewhere btwn a D and a DD).

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

jhrabosk
09-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Hmmm...don't know about deals on Bravado. I paid full price for mine ($35?), but think it's worth every penny! Then again, I'm used to spending $50 on a bra normally b/c I'm really picky and wear at least a DD.

The Spanx and Bravado are probably fairly similar in the smaller sizes...Spanx may be a little more stretchy. In the larger size, the Bravado offers MUCH more coverage and support than Spanx.

I've also heard that there's not much difference between the maternity and nursing Bravados (except for the flaps, of course)...might be worth just getting a nursing style so that it will last you all the way through.