PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love with my new Bella Band :)

daisymommy
10-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Upon the recommendations of you ladies here, I ordered a Bella Band to try out. And I'm so glad I did! This week all of a sudden cool weather hit and my maternity jeans are still too large to wear. I just got my Bella Band today and wore it over top of a pair of jeans, and it fits so comfy! My jeans stay up, and my belly has some support to it. I folded the band in half so it kind of fits under-belly. It looks nice and smooth beneath my shirt. I am still wearing regular tee shirts, so a little bit of of the band peaks out from underneath (I got a white one)--but it just looks like the layered look that is so popular right now.

I did try it over a pair of pants that were too small, with the waist unbuttoned and slightly unzipped--as the instructions say it's good for prolonging the length of time you can still wear your regular clothes. I personally found this uncomfortable and sloppy. But I think it would be a different story if all I needed to do was to unbutton my pants--but how much belly room does that really give you anyway?

I liked it so much over my too-large maternity clothes that I just ordered a second one, this one in black. This second order I just placed at a store called www.pregnancystore.com, for $25, and it has FREE shipping all the time! I thought that was a great deal.

Hope someone else finds this review useful.

kensjen
10-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I love mine too, Amy, I'm wearing it right now! :) It has been wonderful with my maternity jeans, they are so big right now and were falling down all the time, and the bella band makes them so comfortable.

I haven't tried it over my regular clothes, like with the pants unbuttoned, but I can imagine that would feel weird.

I've been meaning to answer one of your other posts, when you asked about maternity clothes. I haven't had a chance to look up links. But I am loving everything I got from japanese weekend (their OK invisible band is awesome! I got the black and khaki pants).
I also got a couple of their before and after shirts, comfy. My other favorites are a michaels stars henley (shine) and some brushed cotton 3/4 sleeve t shirts from mimi maternity. I actually don't feel so sloppy this time around, of course I'm not very big yet, LOL! :) Hope you are having some luck finding clothes.

daisymommy
10-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks Jen :) One thing I'm starting to notice is that the Bella Band does feel too tight when I sit down though--does anyone else feel this way? I'm wondering if I should have sized up? I'm a size 12, so I bought the size #2 B.B. I wonder if the size #3 BB wouldn't have held anything up though?

kensjen
10-05-2005, 04:24 PM
I haven't noticed it being too tight when I sit down, although it sometimes is in a weird position and I have to mess with it a bit. It is definitely a new thing to get used to, it is not
like anything I have worn before. :)

I am thinking that the size #3 would be too big for you, and I feel like they run a bit big because they stretch out a lot. I have a size 1 and it is perfect and I am mostly a 6 or 8...so on the bigger size of the range, KWIM?

I noticed that you wear it folded over and that may contribute to it feeling tight as you sit, since there is a bunch of fabric there...does that make sense? Maybe pull it straight up when you sit?

hehe, the things we go through! It makes me laugh! Never thought I'd be online talking with someone about a fabric band that helps us keep our pants up!! LOL LOL ;)

tarabenet
10-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I found your info very useful! Thanks for posting it!

Benet

missiethegal
10-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I was just wondering if it would be possible to make a homemade bella band?? Isn't it just a basic stretchy band of material? No surprises, right? I just have a weird fit anyway and would hate to get my hopes up only for it to be to loose in one area and too tight in another. But maybe it would just be too much work for my nonskilled hands.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any input on this?
TIA