PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh comfort! GAP Roll-Panel Jeans

daisymommy
10-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I just got some GAP roll-panel bootcut jeans today, and Oh-Baby! are they ever comfy! No demi-panel or underbelly waistband digging in, or having to hike up. Just super soft knit cradeling your tummy. I'm going to buy another pair. I hope they last till baby is born so I can wear them postpartum (as they are advertised).

Right now they are $10 off, and every time I order from the GAP they give me another 15% off coupon. I used my GAP card last time and they took 20% off, plus free shipping, so the jeans were only $46. Not bad I'd say!

SunshineWedding
10-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I can 2nd these pants - I just got them in green corduroy and they fit great with plenty of room for expansion (edd 4/4/06)and they still stay up fine. I can see wearing them for a while post partum also.

Edited for typo

Lisa

cynsteele
10-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Do you find that they are true to size? I haven't bought any Gap maternity clothes yet aside from 2 shirts off ebay. Wondering about pants - if I am an 8 pre-preg, should I buy an 8?

For example, at Target I have to buy a size down, and at Motherhood the mediums are all a foot too long on me...

Cynthia

pb&j
10-29-2005, 11:39 PM
I have 2 pairs of roll-panels - some khaki-esque pants, and a pair of jeans. I love them!

As for sizing, I find the Gap to run a little smallish (or maybe my rear is just running a little biggish). I'm a 4 or 6 prepreg, and am comfortably in Gap size 8 pants. Most of their jeans and pants come in 3 different inseam lengths, which is fantastic - I'm 5'2", so all my Gap stuff is ankle length.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

daisymommy
10-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I find the GAP maternity clothes (and these jeans) run very true to size on me. I normally wear their pants in a 12, and I'm wearing these jeans in a 12.

Old Navy pants/jeans however generally run a size too big...except for their low-rise boot cut jeans with the demi-panel that fit true to size (also very comfortable).

kensjen
10-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I got a pair of the roll panel jeans this week too, yes they are nice! I had some gift cards, so I didn't feel so bad about the cost, and I also got a sweater that I am in LOVE with. (the pocket T sweater, it is soft and stretchy!)

I have had the opposite experience as Ry...I find the gap stuff to run a bit big...especially the pants. I am usually a 6 or 8 when not pregnant, but have size 4 maternity jeans. I am never a 4! Also, most of their shirts I have been getting a small, but I am usually a standard medium. It seems like since they changed their sizing, it runs a bit big. (when I was PG last time, jeans and pants were all by S, M, and L and now they have changed them to numeric sizes.) That's my experience anyway.

I would try to check them out in the store if you can, to be sure on sizing. Or you can always return to a gap store if they don't fit, and they will order you the right size (my gap did that for me, much better than sending back and forth).

HTH! Their maternity clothes are getting better, they actually had a lot of cute things to choose from.

Davids-Coco
10-31-2005, 01:56 AM
Another FYI...

If you get their gap card, you get 10% off every tuesday and a $10 certificate for every $200 you buy. Plus, depending on when you sign up (like now), they offer a 20% off first purchase. I actually got it (and I hate credit cards) because it worked well for me. I have saved tons in the long run and nearly 100 on my first purchase with the card.

pb&j
10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Darn, I guess my rear is running large! ;) Actually, I did notice that the stuff I bought this year seems to be cut slightly larger than my stuff from last year. I'm comfortably in this year's size 6's as I type, but retired last year's size 6 capris weeks and weeks ago.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, edd 01/15/06 - it's a HEALTHY BOY!

http://lilypie.com/days/060115/3/25/1/-5/.png[/img] ([img)