PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one not thrilled with the Bravado Bra?!

MimiSirois
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Four years ago, I wore the Double Plus Bravado bra late in my first pregnancy and during nursing. I loved the soft cottony feel of the Bravado & it was relatively easy to unsnap/resnap, but I hated the uniboob look that resulted (not to mention that the bra is pretty unattractive in general, but that's acceptable). Also, the band underneath started curling up.

Any suggestions for a different bra? I'm 16 weeks along and a 34DD now. When it comes time to buying new bras again, I'd prefer to just buy nursing bras that will carry me through for a while. I think I was about a 36G while nursing after my first baby.

There is nowhere within a 60 mile radius of me that has maternity/nursing bras so I will probably order them online. My mother just gave me a copy of the Lady Grace catalog, but I have trouble really getting a good look at the bras. I hate seams!

Thank you in advance!!!
Michele

Any suggestions?!

bunnisa
11-16-2005, 01:14 PM
ME! I'll only use mine as a sleep bra. It was so unflattering -- not even close to enough support (I was a D-C cup when I was nursing) and the elastic band permanently rolled and always got pilly.

It was very comfy, though! I'm still researching alternatives.

Bethany
mom to one and one on the way!
http://lilypie.com/days/060226/0/8/1/-6/.png
"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-J. Torres

Coolamber
11-18-2005, 05:19 AM
My bra size was 38H and I had a real hard time finding nursing bras.I liked are Goddess 511 and Fancee Free 94305. I ordered from birth and baby here is the web site www.birthandbabyorders.com. They only charge $1 for shipping and they have great customer service.
Happy bra hunting
Mollie

nfowife
11-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm a 34DD right now and my favorite bras are hands down, Anita. I have 3- a black and a white in the style #5062 and a nude in the #5075 (only because the 5062 didn't come in nude and I needed a nude bra). The 5062's offer awesome support- I wear them every single day! At this point, I only wear the Yes! bras (similar to the bravado) when I'm home and lounging in my pj's all day. The Anitas are also seamless so they don't show weird seams under clothes. And, they are pretty attractive as far as nursing bras go- and the clasps are one-handed as well. They are a bit spendy, but I ordered from figleaves through ebates and found an online code somewhere that helped. Plus, figleaves has free returns so I bought a bunch of sizes and just returned what didn't fit. Best of luck!

MimiSirois
11-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks Mollie & Margaret. Your info is SO helpful! I will check them all out.

Thx. again,
Michele