PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Cashmere Cardigans - anyone seen?

wagner36
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I am DYING to get another one or more of these sweaters that my mom bought me when I was pregant with Charlie - it's a gray crewneck cashmere cardigan from A Pea in the Pod, and I wear it constantly. Seriously, I am CONSTANTLY wearing it. I have to force myself to not wear it to work every single day. I cried this morning when it was at the drycleaners.

Has anyone seen anything? A Pea in the Pod doesn't have any - other than one cardigan that has fringe, which is just not okay with me. I found a Belly Basics one from Nordstroms, but it has a hood, and I can't justify the price for something I can't wear to work, although I may break down and get it.

I've checked the expensive Liz Lange, every boutique website I know of, etc., and I can't find a thing.

I'm thinking about just ordering a bigger one or a men's from a regular store, but I'm concerned they won't be long enough, or be way too long in the sleeves.

If you seen anything, please let me know!!!

jtamm
11-16-2005, 10:35 PM
I was looking on the internet for you and didn't find anything either...

I have several non-mat. ones from Lands End that I love... they
have some regular sized ones in their overstocks for $79.50... a larger size may just be your only choice... see the link below...

LE I thought used to have a mat. cashmere cardigan, but they don't currently and I've heard they'll be discontinuing their maternity line... :-(

http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/0,1467,2_17273_17277_30703_122620_101067_,00.html? sid=8337119992711138980&CM_MERCH=PAGE_30703

They also have a few plus sized ones in lt. pink if you look in that section. They also have some in petites...

Good luck!
-Julia

wagner36
11-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks Julia! I was thinking that Land's End non-maternity might work because their stuff is a little bit longer. Very exciting about overstocks! Thanks!

jtamm
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Glad I could help! I have called LE on their phone line in the past and gotten actual clothing measurements from clothes I was considering. So if you are trying to guess sizes, call them and see what the bust & lower edge or hip measurement is... or see what clothing measurements they can give you.

I wore a LE cashmere cardigan all day yesterday when the temps dropped here in Houston... so I understand how you love them!

HTH!