PDA

View Full Version : Long underwear?

ghs517
11-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm very cold natured and am looking for a pair of long-underwear type pants to wear on occasion, Today, for example, my toddler was all bundled up and happily playing on the playground, but my legs were freezing. Anyone know where I can find something to keep my legs warm, like maternity long underwear? I'd prefer to go the long-john route rather than tights under jeans, if possible.

Thanks!
Gwen
mom to DD, age 2
Due with #2 in April 2006

BostonGal76
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi Gwen, I just posted a topic on the same thing! I'm in Boston. Where are you?

Piglet
11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I am in Canada, so I know where you are coming from! What about maternity pajama pants? Or, just upsize a regular pair of long underwear, since they are pretty stretchy - I bet they would fit fine. Other suggestions include trying men's long underwear, or wearing your own long underwear, but ender your belly. I was lucky enough to not have to buy maternity underwear until I was 8 1/2 months PG last time, becuase I wear bikini briefs. Equally, I suspect you could find a pair of long underwear that is lower cut and would fit under your belly.

Good luck and stay warm!

ghs517
12-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Thank you! I like the idea of maternity PJ pants -- thanks!

I'm actually in Virginia, which isn't that cold by comparison to up north, but I've always been cold-natured. I also want to be able to play outside with my DD comfortably, and so I want a way to stay warm. Thanks!!!

sandy123
12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Try to find a thin, spandax pair of long johns. The are very popular in sailing and skiing. The are thin so it is still easy to put on clothes and yet very warm.