PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy maternity tops?

Coolamber
11-28-2005, 05:06 AM
Take a look at Kohl's and J C Penney online. I found a lot of great clothes there when I was Pregnant.
Happy Shopping
Mollie

mattiew
11-28-2005, 09:36 AM
I've been buying new Gap maternity sweaters/tops on ebay. They are much cheaper than Gap.com but the selection really varies week by week so if you don't see anything you like try again in a few days.

HTH!
Carrie

babymama
11-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I second the recommedation for gap.com.

What I like best about their tops is that they fit snugly around the belly and don't swing out like a tent (most of my Liz Lange/Target shirts do that). I bought 2 tops there that I love to wear. I *think* - but am not totally sure that they even make maternity tops out of the stuff in their regular women's lines - which I think is really cool.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03 and
One on the way, due 01/03/06

hautemama15
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I find lots of cute tops at Mimi and Motherhood, but the quality of Motherhood varies. My tops from Mimi have been great though. I do pay a little more most of the time. Sometimes I find stuff on sale though. I also have lots of stuff from Gap. Gap quality is exellent and very true to size, sometimes running slightly large in my case!

MaddiesMommy
12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I also like Gap.com and I even have gotten a few tops from OldNavy.com. I like that you can return them at a store if you don't like them or if they don't fit. They both have good sales, and I bet a lot will be marked down after the holidays. And there are always coupon codes for both floating around. I'd say from my experience, I've had to order a size up from my regular size, especially if I want them to last the whole pregnancy. HTH!

Janine

MimiSirois
12-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Where do you buy your maternity tops? Seems when I'm not pregnant, I see thousands of maternity outfits I want. Now that I'm prego, everything I see is ugly, out of season, overpriced, or has uncomfortable.

I am fine with pants, but having trouble finding tops (I was able to wear my regular tops throughout most of my first pregnancy, but not this time!). I need mostly, if not all, cotton. Can't stand any other material on my body.

The closest maternity store is at least an hour away so my shopping will have to be done online. Any suggestions?

TIA!
Michele

newbelly2002
12-21-2005, 03:04 PM
FYI: Do be aware that while the stretchy shirts are great for the early and middle trimesters, during the last (or if you get real big fast) they start to scootch up. Pair that with the under-the-belly style jeans and it makes for a coooolllld morning walk to kindergarten.

I adore those shirts--and have quite a few--but am finding that I need to retire them as they just don't go under the shelf not that my belly is starting to really expand. And I still have 12 weeks to go...

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02
And 2 sweet peas in an April pod