PDA

View Full Version : Pants Helper?

psophia17
12-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I saw something online ages ago that I'd like to get now, but can't remember where I saw it or what it was called. It was a panel thing you could button into your regular-fly pants to make them fit for a bit longer, before you really needed to fit into maternity pants. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

octmom
12-20-2005, 11:13 AM
I saw these near the counter at Motherhood Maternity. :)

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

hautemama15
12-20-2005, 11:51 AM
It is called a Belly Band. They have them at MHood and online at a few places I have seen (MHood and Babycenter). I haven't tried them, but I have the Bella Band and it has worked great!

octmom
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I think the bella band is something a little different-- it goes all the way around the torso. If I am understanding what Petra is asking about, it is a little panel (wedge shaped maybe) that simply widens the opening of your zip-fly pants. I think the bella band may be better since it probably can be used longer.

Just looked on the Motherhood site and I think I found the "belly belt" wedge shaped thing: http://www.motherhood.com/collection.asp?category_Name=Other+Accessories&category_Id=1001&PageIsOn=1

Here is the bella band:
http://www.bellaband.com/bellaband.html

HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

psophia17
12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks ladies!

Jerilyn - that is exactly what I was talking about! It's early, but already all my new pants leave me breathless when they're done up...that stinks :)

I like the bella band, though - that might be a great idea for summer, when I'm way more pg...I have a ton of shorts and summer-wear, that I'll never get a chance to wear, but the bella band will make it possible.

Too bad we're not announcing my pg to the fam yet - it'd rock to have some of these things in my stocking this year.

hautemama15
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
what i meant was the belly belt, not belly band. Belly belt and Bella Band. I have the Bella Band.

wimama
12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
The Bella Band is great for holding up too big maternity pants. I bought it because my maternity pants keep falling down. I am 5 months along now and still wearing it to help keep my pants up.

psophia17
12-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Luckily I've loaned out all my maternity pants - until I get a little bigger and we've made the news public, I won't be getting them back, either...

My main problem these days is that I bought all new pants after losing 36lbs...and I've hardly worn them. In fact, I had lost a bunch of weight just before getting pg with DS, and didn't get to wear them then, either - I went right back to my fat pants. I'm only 6 weeks pg, and already I'm breathless in my skinny pants, and I don't have the fat pants anymore...*sigh*