PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the microfiber Mamacoat?

kensjen
12-23-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm going to buy a mamacoat, the japanese weekend microfiber coat. There have been several on ebay lately for a good price.

Just a quick question...how do you find the sizing on this? I am really in between a small and a medium in most of their clothes, I usually have bought a medium in most things. I did try this coat on once a few months ago, but I didn't zip out the panel and didn't really pay too close of attention...as I didn't see paying $180 for it. I remember the sleeves being really long, but that is all.

So, if you have one, I'd love to know what size you got, what size you normally are, how it fits, any guidance really. :)

Thanks.

firstbaby
12-27-2005, 10:43 AM
I have also been thinking about this coat but haven't purchased. Maybe cross-posting in the lounge would get some responses from mamas who had it in previous seasons?

firstbaby
01-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I just wanted to update you that I ordered mine from JW and it arrived today. It is on sale w/ them for $110 which I was okay with since I need something to get me through the winter and I liked the idea of being able to use it after baby. And if I got it and didn't like it there is plenty of other things I could have ordered since they will only give you store credit on a sale item return.

This is the first thing I've gotten from them but I followed their sizing chart and ordered a medium. I wear a 10 or 12 pre-preg. I am about 5'8". I am happy that I could accurately order off of their size chart unlike Babystyle's that I have to return things to because their sizing chart was SO off. It is a little big but the sleeves weren't too long (had to cuff a little) and I think it will look nice. I think the small may have been a little confining. I would definitely order it again. Now if I could just stop looking at their web site at their other things :) Hope this helps!

suzhatch1
01-14-2006, 03:08 AM
I have one that I got from a friend & it is a sz Large & fits perfectly. I think there sizing is a bit generous. I normally wear an XL in tops (or a L if it's roomy)), and I wear a sz 14 in jeans (38DD nursing bust). The JW microfiber sz Large fits fine! Plenty of room - I think I would have been swimming in the XL.

jammytoast
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
I got one off of ebay this fall, but haven't worn it yet (mild winter and not a big as I thought I'd be yet!)

When I got it, I was barely showing and tried it on w/o the 'mama panel' -- I think they make it for stick figures, because there's NO way I'm zipping that thing over my hips/butt!!

I got the medium, and with the panel, it fits well.