PDA

View Full Version : Which Old Navy Jeans are best?

skipspin
12-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi! Old Navy is having a big sale and I would like to order some maternity jeans. I usally wear a six. I have a pair of old underbelly Old Navy jeans that someone gave me (5 yrs old) that I love and wore last pregnancy, and they fit for a few months, but because they are a size 2 they get too tight in the butt. Actually I can wear then when I am not preggo and they look pretty nice. So, I am thinking I will order a small or size six. Does anyone like the underbelly ones? I didn't like the full pannel a lot because I only wore them from 5-7 months last time. Before 5 months they were too big, and after seven I hated the way they felt tight. I want to look cute, but I don't want the jeans to be skin tight at 8 months. Any suggestions? Also, are there any tops on there that are cute that arent' SO low in the front? I am short (5'2") and am an A cup (maybe a large B at 9 months), so low tops are REALLY low on me and it seems that all cute maternity tops go down to my belly button. With a toddler that's just not good.
Thanks for any help.
Joy (who is trying to get rid of all the not-cute maternity cloths that she wore last time)

Momof3Labs
12-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I kinda liked the Old Navy underbelly jeans earlier in my pg, but now am just tired of having to pull them up every time I bend over (lots with toddlers) or move. So I don't know how good they are later in pg (note that I tend to have a big belly since I have a very short torso and big babies - if you carry small your experience will probably be different).

I've heard good things about the Gap roll panel jeans and have a pair on order to try - they can be underbelly or overbelly so sound like they'd be comfy a lot longer. On sale right now for $20 (normally $68).

As for the low cut stuff, it's hard to find alternatives!! Layering a tank top underneath a v-neck shirt helps, but also means having to buy more clothes and having more laundry to do.

skipspin
12-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I might look at Gap- especially since they are cheap. I know what you mean about the low tops, and I have a few tanks (actually old Petite Sophisticate undershirts) that work great, but I was due in August last time and hopefully in October this time, so it gets hot wearing all those layers. (I'm in central FL!) Also, it's one more thing to buy! Thanks for helping- I am trying to buy stuff now because when I am preggo I tend to go for ONLY comfort, and I really don't want to look, well, too matronly!

kensjen
12-28-2005, 03:05 PM
I have found the sizing at old navy to be so inconsistent, especially with the jeans. And I agree with Lori, I hate pulling up the low jeans! I have a few pair of their maternity jeans, all different sizes. Each pair drives me nuts for whatever reason, so I don't wear them as much.

This pregnancy I wanted to have cute and comfortable clothes. I didn't want to have to tug and pull on something every time I moved. LOL So I bought only a few things, but I bought "nicer" stuff, higher quality I guess. So yes, I wear the same stuff every week, but I feel good in it, and it fits so I am happy. All of the cheap stuff I would never wear, so it didn't really matter how cheap it was.

I really like the roll panel jeans I got from the gap. They have been great in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Gap is always having a sale or there is usually a coupon code floating around, so you wouldn't have to pay full price. I did find them to run a bit big, I am also usually a 6, but got a 4 in these jeans and they still fit well...and I am due in a few weeks. :)

As for shirts, I fell in love with the michael stars maternity Ts. Yes, they are a bit pricy, but I am sure I will wear them even when not PG. I also found a lot of cute stuff at mimi maternity this time around, there is a brushed cotton tshirt there that is wonderful. My other favorite is japanese weekend, I got a few of the before and after shirts that I wear now and they can wear for nursing. I like all of these shirts because they are a bit fitted, but don't show too much skin, lol. ( I don't really like the baggy, tent like maternity shirts)

Anyway, HTH. I KWYM about getting rid of stuff from last time, what was I thinking?! LOL Maternity clothes have definitely gotten cuter! ;)

skipspin
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks for all the help. I did go online and order a pair of the roll-pannel jeans. ($20- can't beat that!) If I like them I'll cash in some Discover cashback dollars for Gap cards and order some more stuff later on. (I'm counting on being pregnant next month) I got the six, so if they are a little big I'll save them for later on and get a four next time.
I like the idea of the Japenese weekend shirts, but I didn't wear any maternity after DD was born. I just wore size 8 knit capris home from the hospital, and all my shirts except for the xsmalls fit- and that's just because of nursing. (I was surprised at this since I gained over 30 lb) I also never bought nursing shirts either because they were all too big (in the tummy) for me after one or two weeks. I just wore regular shirts.
Well, anyway. I have stuff to do while DD is napping so I need to quit rambling.