PDA

View Full Version : Think I still need a nursing bra?

smallestangel
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
It's high time I bought some new bras. Two years later and I'm still going on my two Fancee Free sleep bras ONLY! But should I get nursing bras or regular ones at this point? He's still nursing but I'm waaay beyond engorgement. My breasts never feel full and are always the same before and after a feeding.

So, does it matter? Would a regular bra block something?

Any recs on bras for a mom who needs a lot of support? (tmi but the girls are very saggy these days! :( ) I'm also very plus size. It'd make me feel good to have something pretty but it's not a deal breaker. I just really want to stop looking like my mother from the neck down!

I'm thinking about going to Nordstroms to be measured too. Good idea or not really neccessary?

Thanks!

Amanda

spanannie
12-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Are you nursing during the day? With DS, I got to a point where he'd only nurse in the morning and before bed, so then, I could wear regular bras. DD--18 mos--isn't to that point yet--still nursing all day--so still wearing nursing bras! I think if you are nursing during the day, a nursing bra would be most convenient.

Wow! 2 years and only 2 bras--and sleep bras at that! I've probably been through 20 bras (19 mos nursing DS and 18 mos and still going strong nursing DD) due to changing sizes and the bras getting stretched out to where they don't hold the girls up anymore! I think it's about time you get a new bra. A good bra fitting does wonders for the way you look in your clothes--I'd highly recommend it. I get fitted every few months, but I am very concsious of being "supported" enough.

new_mommy25
01-01-2006, 06:15 PM
I went to regular underwire bras when DS was about 14 months. He rarely nursed while we were out and if he wanted too I could just pull the top down.

smallestangel
01-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I know--When I was pg I read something about being careful to not wear nursing bras that could constrict the milk glands, that it could lead to mastitis. That's all I needed to hear. I bought two sleep bras and then never seemed to find the time to get anything else.

He does nurse some during the day, but dosen't do it often if we're out and about. So I think I may go for a regular bra. I wouldn't mind pulling it up or to the side.

The catalyst was when I was out shopping the other day and tried on a shrug over my shirt. The kind that tie under your breast. Ugh, I was tying it closer to my belly button. It looked awful. I'm really short (or petite, as my mother would say) but heavy. Maybe a good bra would make me feel better.

Thanks guys. :)

Amanda