PDA

View Full Version : Help!! I need nursing bras for big cup size/small band size

JenDC
01-09-2006, 01:04 PM
So at 28 weeks I am already a 34J. I'd really like suggestions on when to get actual nursing bras and what kind to get- it is almost impossible to find anything in my size anyway. My pre-pregnancy size is 30HH. I'd really like an underwire nursing bra, but for some crazy reason they don't seem to come in the largest cup sizes! Will I have enough support with a non-underwire bra? I saw some postings that there are some available in bigger sizes online... Any helpful suggestions would be great!
Jen
baby # 1 due 4.2.06

floydaloyd
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi.
I'm a 40i/j now, pre-baby 38g. I didn't want underwire. I found the goddess 511 did not offer enough support even though it had good reviews. The Fancee free extra support 94305? (I'm not sure of the number) has good support but it is ugly and pretty uncomfortable. The colesce cameo has great support but it is expensive and pointy. All of these are seamed and not hidden well under shirts but I think they all come in a wide range of sizes.
I kept changing sizes until our DD was about 2 months so the brae I bought at the end of pregnancy were wasted.
Also, I'm not sure how but I know a dressmaker can modify your own regular bra. I read that on a breastfeeding board (maybe kellymom).
I found birthandbaby.com to have a great selection but were slow to ship and did not notify me that they were waiting 4 weeks for orders to come in but if you stay ontop of your order, they are good. Also, I found some a site based in England to have a wider range of styles and sizes. I can't remember the name right now but I just kept searching.
HTH,
Melissa
http://b1.lilypie.com/JSe1m4/.png

mrskingred
01-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Jen
I started out as a 30E and by 8 weeks had increased to 30G. I'm now working with BirthandBaby.com and their Jeunique range. They also have other brands, but I ended up sending them back as either didn't fit (too small a cup/too large a band) or were not supportive (Anita).

Their shipping is good, only $1 and I've found them to be v.helpful over the phone. Currently waiting for 30H/32G to arrive. Pricey, but I need the support. I'm only 18 weeks so I've no idea what I'll end up as.

Hope this helps.

Ali

eden0215
02-11-2006, 10:13 PM
My good friend just got a bra made specially for her by the YES bra company. They don't charge extra to custom-make a bra for you. Contact them at [email protected] or check out their website at http://localhost:8080/yesbreastfeeding/initContext.do

The YES bras are really great. I love them! You'll find some threads on here about them and they're soft, affordable and comfortable. Making them specially to fit gals who aren't in the usual sizing range of most bras is something they do quite happily according to my friend who is thrilled with her bras (she bought one to try and now bought 4 more). She told me that they basically mix and match tops and bottoms so for her they took the top of a size 6++ bra and the bottom of a size 4 bra so she had the biggest top on a band that was quite small. It worked wonders.

Hope this helps you in your search!