PDA

View Full Version : Ok, another nursing bra question....

skipspin
01-12-2006, 03:14 PM
...but opposite all of the others! I would like to find a nice nursing bra that comes is SMALL sizes. Last pg I had a few, but my favorite was one from Wal-mart (underwire lacy one- that's all I remember. I do remember I checked 5 stores and only one had anything smaller then a C!) that worked after the first few weeks. (I was a C for maybe a week) I have some from last time to wear the first few weeks when I am closer to a C, but after that I had an aweful time because I wanted a 34B. (I am normally a 34A) It seems no one has nice ones in small sizes. I don't mind underwire, but I need one or two that aren't to wear to bed. I'd really like some with the contoured cups that aren't just thin fabric- but all the ones like that I find start at a C or D. Any suggestions from others who are "less endowed" like I am?

kimbe
01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I too an "un"endowed! I am loving being a 36C! My Target had some Bs yesterday! (The have lots of types of cup styles.) Motherhood Maternity may have some too.

sophiesmom
01-13-2006, 07:24 PM
another 'un'endowed' here... i got some nursing bras i really liked a Kohl's. haven't checked yet to see if they still have them. i don't even know where mine are!

sophiesmom
01-14-2006, 08:38 PM
I was at my local Kohl's today, they don't seem to carry the ones I bought a few years ago. These were in boxes, and had clips that worked great. I didn't like the looks of the ones they had there. I can't seem to find any at Target, will look at Walmart.

skipspin
01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks. I will look at Target (that's my favorite place to go, plus I can get Starbucks!) Maybe when we are up north later this year I will look at Kohls. I love that store too, but there aren't any near here. (Florida) I do hear that the are expanding this way. I havn't looked in motherhood recently, but the last few times I have checked they only had ONE B, the rest were bigger. I am always complaining to them about that and the fact that it seems all their shirts are really low in the front. Some people are probably okay, but combine being 5'2" and being small chested and I feel like half the shirt is missing- and it's definately not good when my 2 1/2 yr old decides to tug on the shirt just a little.
Thanks for the suggestions.

4Cats
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I, too, am "unendowed"! Pre-pregnancy/pre-nursing I was a 34A (but even in some brands a 34A seemed too big for me ;)). During pregnancy I increased to a small 34B (in a regular, non-nursing bra) and I estimate I'm about a 34B right now, but every 34B more "molded cup" nursing bra I've tried on has been way too big!

I've found 2 types of bras that I love--I keep changing my mind about which one I like more--Elita microfiber crossover bras (size 34) and Melinda G "softcup t-shirt bras" (size Small). I also have the Melinda G "beautiful soft-cup" bra, but I don't like the clasp as much. Melinda G markets itself as being for a smaller endowed person.

I bought the Melinda G's locally, but various websites sell them. Look at www.Melindag.com for starters. I bought the Elita bras from sierrablue.com.

Unfortunately neither of these meet your requirement of being more than a thin piece of fabric, but I'm still wearing nursing pads every day and night (even after 5.5 months!).

Hope this helps,
Kristin

sunriseiz
02-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I am normally a 32A/B, so I know where you are coming from! Last time I had one 34C I found that was "OK" even though it was big. The others were worse. I can't even find it right now and have been getting a little nervous. I was at Target last weekend and found 2 34Bs and bought them both without a second thought. They are underwire, but quite similar to the one that was 'ok' last time around (maybe even the same...mommy brain here!). They did have lots of styles, but only 2 in this size and only in one stlye. I would check multiple targets if you can't find them the first time around. Also, at ~$11, they won't break the bank.

Hope this helps!

eden0215
02-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Try the YES bra company if you like a sporty style nursing bra. They are great bras - I often spread the news about them here when I come in. They have a 32-36 A-B bra and a 36-40 A-B bra which is in black and tan. They're nice and affordable. You can buy on ebay or from their website. On ebay they're 13.99 each and 4.00 shipping. The seller to search for is breastfeedingisbest or do a search for YES maternity nursing bra. Or, you can buy from the webshop which is

http://localhost:8080/yesbreastfeeding/initContext.do

They are 19.99 there but free shipping. Good policies on returns or exchanges or even custom-made bras if you find the size is not right for you.

I myself am looking for maternity underwear which is why I am here but thought I'd answer your question. Back to my search now - not sure what to do about the underwear thing.