PDA

View Full Version : Nice, fun maternity clothes - where to look?

firstbaby
01-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I am looking for nice, fun maternity clothes besides Gap, Old Navy, etc. I like the Gap and ON stuff but am looking for maybe something more funky - I have a pretty good supply of basic T's, etc. However, I don't really know where to look or what other brands are out there. I'm okay w/ spending a little more for each piece to get something a little more unique. I recently ordered the Michael Stars Angel tee and can't wait to get it. Any recommondations?

babyready
01-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Have you tried babystyle.com? Sometimes they have some really cool stuff.

tina-t
01-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I was at the Motherhood Maternity shop at the mall last week and I thought that they had some cute blouses/shirts.

Where did you order the Michael stars angel tee?

hautemama15
01-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Mimi has some great styles, especially for this spring. I wish I were going to be PG so I could wear them, but I am due April. Also, try Due Maternity. They carry lots of high end brands that are funky and fashionable too. Childish maternity also has some great stuff! Very fun and funky.

jenjenfirenjen
01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know how much more you're willing to spend but these have some nice things...

http://www.unbuttonedmaternity.com/

http://www.olianmaternity.com/

http://www.japaneseweekend.com

Also, try nordstroms.com. They have nice things and great sales.

hautemama15
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
ooh, i had forgotten about unbuttonedmaternity.com!! I love their Rock Me Mama tees! Also there is NOM maternity, bellabluematernity.com and nordstroms online has Juicy Couture maternity, olian, JW, A Wish, and lots of other fun and hip clothing lines. They are all a little pricey though.

turtledove
01-20-2006, 03:51 PM
You could try www.chic-maternity.com

They have lots of stuff on sale now to make room for their spring merchandise. I ordered some stuff from there earlier on in my pregnancy. I think the quality of the items I received was good, but the customer service irritated me a bit. To sum it up, several of the items I ordered were out of stock, and instead of letting me know, she just shipped out what she had. She issued a refund check (I had originally paid by CC). If you order from her, I would suggest ordering via phone and confirming she has the items in stock. That would avoid the issue I had, and still let you get some clothes for a good price.

new_mommy25
01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I am a huge Japanese Weekend fan. Their stuff is really well made and comfy. A lot of their stuff is incredibly soft which I love. My favorite piece I got is something that works as a skirt or a top.

Also check out Momzee, City Threads, and Chiarakruza. I love those brands and you can just google the names to find various places that sell them. I got all of my stuff at a local maternity boutique and they have been my favorites.

Nordstrom.com has a nice selection.

eta: I have been unimpressed with the Motherhood Maternity store and their sisters. I guess it's because I am kind of tall and their shirts aren't long enough for me. I hate having the panel of my pants show. I also thought the quality of Motherhood sucked (this is going from my last pregnancy, maybe they have improved).

hautemama15
01-21-2006, 09:03 AM
since i am short, MHood fits me okay, but their quality really leaves alot to be desired. I have had 4 tops end up damaged by the third time I had worn them and 2 tops damaged after just one wear. I am not hard on my clothes either. It is usually ribbon that comes undone or breaks or straps that tear. I won't buy anything that has really skinny straps or ribbon embellisments anymore. I have to say I love JW too. Their stuff is incredibly well made. I have a top that has to be 5 yrs old I got from a friend and it is still in awesome shape. I also have 2 pair of their jeans and they fit really well and are really soft and comfy.

firstbaby
01-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Ladies:

Thank you for all of your suggestions - and feel free to keep them coming!

I popped into Mimi Maternity yesterday and I was in-between sizes on their jeans and had DS w/ me so didn't get to browse too much :)

I've been trying to stay away from Motherhood and Babystyle because, to me, their "return" policy (or lack thereof on some or all items) stinks. Right now I feel that because I am pg I should reserve the right to change my mind about purchases and be able to return them for what I paid :)

The Michael Stars angel tee I ordered on their website www.michaelstars.com. That should get here next week which I am excited to try on!

I also had two maternity shirts arrive from Nordstroms.com today and I LOVE both - one is JW and one is Olian. There is a Nordstroms near me so I loved that I wouldn't have to go through shipping back if it DIDN'T work. Both are super comfortable and seem to be well made so I think they're keepers. I think I'm going to check their website again to see if there is anything else I have to have right now.

Now, if I could just find ONE more pair of comfortable, soft maternity jeans that don't have straight tubes for legs I would be set :)

jenjenfirenjen
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
FYI, Motherhood, Mimi and Pea in the Pod are all the same parent company and I'm pretty sure all have the same crappy return policy. I avoid them as much as possible.

hautemama15
01-22-2006, 04:35 PM
just a quick reminder, Mimi has the same return policy as MHood!!

hautemama15
01-22-2006, 04:37 PM
as long as I try stuff on or buy just regular tees or their regular Mimi brand jeans(not their designer ones) i haven't had to return anything. But, their designer stuff like Streets of LA or the Hippie jeans and such run small, so I have to try on to make sure they fit. Luckily, I haven't had a problem with Mimi.