PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive and Cute Maternity Clothes?

tina-t
01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Any idea of where to find these. I have the basic shirts and pants but am looking for stylish, cute, hip clothing without breaking the bank! Is this possible?

I saw a few that I liked at japaneseweekend.com but the prices are way too high for me, even for the sale prices.

Thanks.

heather13
01-27-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but in the US I found some pretty cute inexpensive things at Old Navy (www.oldnavy.com). Some items were too hip for my age or for work wear, but overall not bad. Not all stores sell their maternity line.

kellyp123
01-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi. I'm in the same boat. I've gotten some great clothes at Old Navy and Oldnavy.com. The shipping is only $5 and returns are free, either in the store or via a provided return shipping label. you can get some great bargains. Really cute stuff. Not all Old Navys sell the maternity stuff, so check their store locator to make sure a store near you carries it. You can also just go online.

Also, I recently I got a Bella Band so I can wear my pre-preg pants and skirts. Check out bellaband.com. It's the best $26 I've spent on my maternity wardrobe. Also, Motherhood has some okay stuff. I got an adorable dress for $30, but you have to look, cuz most of the stuff is pretty ugly. It's worth the time to hunt through the sale racks, cuz you'll find some cute stuff among the floral horrificness. Hope this helps.

hautemama15
01-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Burlington Coat Factory has a few cute and stylish pieces every now and then, but most of my inexpensive maternity came from Motherhood. They do have quite a lot of stylish and cute clothes, but their quality leaves a little to be desired. I have had decent luck with their jeans, but a few of the tops I have bought have fallen apart after a few washes. Honestly, check out EBay for stuff from Mimi Maternity and Babystyle for cheaper alternatives. Just look under NWT(New with tags) and see what is available. I have found a few items this way.

Also, I have to 2nd the BellaBand. I bought one too and its been great!!

jvs195
02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Try H&M, they have hip and more unique items and their prices are good. Also Gap (purchase on sale or from ebay and it's reasonable)has nice things. I found some japanese weekend on ebay (new with tags sometimes) for good prices and babystyle has some hip things if you can catch them on sale with one of their extra percent off (check reality layette for codes too)

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I love the clothes at Gap. I wait for it to go on sale - I recently got a pair of low rise maternity jeans for $30 (and their jeans are the BEST - the only jeans that didn't creep down last preg) and some shirts for about $12-15 each. I also like Old Navy and I recently got shirts there for like $6. Their sales are awesome. The reason I like Gap and ON is that they modify their maternity stuff from the regular lines so no mumus and bows and other icky stuff manufacturers love to put on maternity clothes (ahem Motherhood). Plus, the Gap/Old Navy return policies are sooooo much better than the policies at the maternity stores (Mimi, Pea in the Pod, etc.) It annoys me how you have so little time to return something to Motherhood/Mimi for store credit! And if you buy online from gap.com or oldnavy.com, you can return to any Gap or ON store. They don't have to have maternity departments.

jray
02-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I would say hit the sale rack at Gap and Old Navy (and online)...and check out Babystyle.com, too. You can find some amazing deals in their outlet and use a coupon, too. I'd also look at Ebay. You can find huge lots of trendy, adorable, good quality maternity clothes that have barely been worn.

I agree to stay away from Motherhood, Mimi, etc.

hautemama15
02-05-2006, 08:33 AM
I 2nd EBay, but they have great prices on stuff that is new too, just alot of it looks like last season or last year. Like, alot of them are starting to sell last Spring items, but at very heavily discounted prices and its all new with tags. That is the only way I buy from EBay. Sometimes the sellers idea of almost new or gently worn is not the same as mine. I have received things with stains on them before too. So, just be careful.

PAfirsttimemom
03-02-2006, 02:27 AM
Nobody has mentioned Target. I think the store's Liz Lange maternity line has cute clothes at really reasonable prices. You can get especially great deals when the seasonal items hit the clearance racks. I got a turtleneck sweater for $5 a couple weeks ago.

trumansmom
03-02-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm a couple years past looking, but I was walking through Kohl's and noticed some cute things there as well.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

ajmom
03-03-2006, 12:46 PM
jcpenney.com has a few cute things. There's not a huge selection and most of it is fairly simple, but it's cute. I just got several tops and a pair of pants at a good price b/c they are having a sale, plus an extra 10% off with the promo code WPSSPREE

hoodlims
09-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd say splurge a little bit on pants (like jeans) because it makes all the difference in the world! I love my GAP jeans. Recently I received some Motherhood Maternity pants and they seem to droop, so I am constantly pulling them back up.